TTH Workout "Drop Tine"

RyanC

WKR
Hey ManOSteel thanks for the question. This is one of those workouts that you get as many rounds as possible in the given time frame, 60 minutes. So today you may only get 3 or 4 rounds, but the idea is doing this workout again down the road and seeing how much better you will perform. Many of these workouts at Train To Hunt you will see repeated because it is always motivating to see your progress. Give it a try. If you need to modify it, than do so but the important thing is "write it down." Start a training journal and get as detailed as possible. For instance write down how you felt during the workout, what you struggled on, what you ate that day or the day before, how much sleep you got the night before, etc. The more detailed you get the more dialed in you will become with your body and it's reaction to stress and exercise which translates to the mountains.
Again thanks for the question.

Ryan

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
The mask doesn't necessarily help you attain "getting in better shape." Here's the deal: red blood cells carry oxygen. Some peoples' body are more efficient at recognizing the need for more oxygen in the blood and will begin producing red blood cells sooner/faster than others. Routinely wearing the mask while training within a couple weeks of heading out west will help us flat landers pre-emptively boost red blood cell count in preparation for hunting at elevation.You could even wear it while en-route. I'm reminded of a saying, "The more you sweat in training, the less you bleed on the battlefield." Nothing will replace rigorous, diligent training.

djsmith46

Lil-Rokslider
From what I've read they are crap. You're better off investing in some black market EPO. You wouldn't look as silly, it would be effective, and your mouth region wouldn't feel like a sweaty buttcrack.

Did your study find anything else that worked?

High intensity interval training was the training stimulus in both groups. The only thing looked at in this study was the mask. Both groups increased "fitness" with no statistical differences.

I use one for lung capacity and to get more of a workout with less effort. I use it on recovery days because I can run a 9 min mile and get the same results as a sub 8 min mile. This could quit possibly be in my head but I definitely start sweating way sooner with the mask on.

Yaada_205

FNG
Hi,

The 100 yard tire drag - what exactly, specifically is that? Car tire? Bulldozer tire? Rope around waist end tied to car tire and run 100 yards?

And if I don't have a spare tire lying around, any thoughts on a substitute?

Thanks

OP
K

Kenton C

FNG
The best set up is a small chain wrapped around the tire, held together with a c-clip. Then the rope goes through the c-clip and from there you can hold it, make loops in the ends of the rope and put your arms through the loops so it fits like a pack. or if you are going a longer distance you can put your pack on and tight it to the waist belt on your pack.
The idea behind the tire is to create more work for you than just flat ground. If you have a hill you can run that would have the same effect. The good news is that if you go to your local tire store and ask them for a regular truck tire, or a car tire, they will just give it to you because they have to pay to get rid of them. They will let you take as many as you want. That's been my experience anyway.
Thanks for the question brother.

Here is how I do tire pulls it seems to work well. Just another option.
Inside the tire I put some big fender washers to prevent pulling out the nuts.
bc20fff1f0c5c43bac832bf832531de9.jpg

7ee2f997e8d65e9f4bd69646679e7fc6.jpg

You can either just run the rope through the eyelet or use a hook
03358667bd79bacccc9110aa36af3a06.jpg

boom

WKR
What are you changing now that days are short?

I get home practically in the dark. Been running while holding a flashlight.

Not pitch black but beyond "shooting light" on the trails down in the valleys.

What is your winter time strategy. I need to keep at it. Sitting out winter isn't an option at my age. I don't bounce back anymore. ( as quickly).

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
I get home practically in the dark. Been running while holding a flashlight.

Not pitch black but beyond "shooting light" on the trails down in the valleys.

What is your winter time strategy. I need to keep at it. Sitting out winter isn't an option at my age. I don't bounce back anymore. ( as quickly).

Running with a headlamp is no different than running in the daylight. In fact i think its something that should be done on the regular. 1/2 of my hunts this year included hike ins or hike outs in the dark. So its good practice. Also, I do my workouts in a gym or in the garage if I cant do them outside.
As far as shooting goes, work light from home depot should get you enough light to shoot out to 30 or 40 yards.

There is something pieceful about running with a head lamp as well at least to me. I kind of like it more then running in the day light, the finish line sure comes up faster when you can't see it in the distance :)

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Run in the morning before work or run with a headlight. I find running in the morning energizes my day as well.