Color Code Pullouts

adirondak5

Lil-Rokslider
Bought some ripstop nylon for pullouts off ebay , 30 to 70 D , just got an assortment of colors , I think most were in the $3.50 per yard price , some a little less , some a little more , you can make quite a few pullouts with 1 yard of material at 60" wide . Thought it might be a good idea to color code my pullouts , so I sewed these up in my spare time , should make it easier to find what i want outta my pack . All these are ripstop nylon except the one on right of pic in multicam , thats 500D coated cordura , they run in size from say a small Kifaru pullout to a touch bigger than than a medium ,zippers were from amazon and rockywoods .
Used #3 and #8 zippers and 3/4" nylon mil spec webbing for tabs . Pretty much just used a pancake oval pattern for all but the cordura one , that one I cut rectangular and boxed the corners , the pancake pattern works good for me and is a bit easier to make .
One thing i found with the ripstop nylon , you can use heavy thread but you gotta really play with the string tension to keep it from scrunching the material (to much tension) to sloppy loose bottom stitches(to little tension) .

CwfgVkn.jpg

Last edited: