which model lowa does everyone like best for the mountains

Mmcan

WKR
Tibet Highs
I was very happy to have had them on several occasions when I had a pretty good twist of my ankle. I really think they prevented injuries a few times. They definitely require breaking in. But I really enjoyed wearing them.

R Miller

Lil-Rokslider
I'm currently rotating daily between 4 pairs, two pairs Hunter GTX, one Tibet and one Tibet High. I like the Tibet best, I use these well over 200 days a year in the field and don't wear them to work. If they work for your feet they'll be the best boot you ever owned. I'm debating on whether or not to add a Bighorn or Tibet Superwarm for middle of winter applications. Good luck in your search.

Kotaman

WKR
R Miller...The Bighorn is built on a wider last than the Tibet. The only problem I had with Tibets was that the forefoot was too narrow. When I went to Wides, the heel was too sloppy. The Bighorns fit my wide forefoot, average heel like they were made for me. Just an FYI on the fit of the Bighorn. The Tibet is an awesome boot and I tried like crazy to make them work, in the end, they just wouldn't work for me.

jherald

WKR
On my second pair of Lowa Bighorns. Found them to be a great August boot for AK as well as into this time of year. Working very well in the Chugach Mountains this time of year. Wore them on my recent Prince William Sound hunt in some very wet and cold weather. The Primaloft insulation is not so much that they arent a good boot for me in the summer, and the Primaloft works very well in fall/winter. They are 200 gram Primaloft.