Butthole Sammich

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
Plain bagel, bacon, peanut butter, bacon, honey, bacon... vacuum sealed with an extra piece of bacon inside. I make about a dozen at a time and freeze them.

Who else makes these?
What are some other MRE-type ideas y'all are using?

479400f26b7e4ba9bb4e31733ab21c38.jpg

River Rat

WKR
I had my fill of them after 10 days in the back country this year .
Just makes the tenderloins taste that much better :)

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
I make them and freeze them. They were one of the few things I could force myself to eat at altitude. I got them off a thread on here actually

armyjoe

Super Moderator
These are good but after 3+ days with these as a lunch, you will want to punch yourself before you eat one. They get heavy in your gut and get old quick. I mix it up with one of these and a tortilla - Prosciutto and swiss cheese. I also make a english muffin - nutella on one side, peanut butter on the other and honey. Gotta change up the food or these will kill a brother after a few straight days haha

OP
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lil-Rokslider
That looks amazing!!! If you freeze them and let them thaw out, how long will they keep?

I can't put an exact timeframe on them, but they'll last longer than you'll leave them.

armyjoe, and others that have alluded, are right. Gotta mix it up with something. Also, I decided I'm gonna use mini bagels. Faster and not so much food that I feel like taking a nap!

wapitibob

WKR
I ate two of mine then tossed the others away. Peanut butter on a boot tongue....

The vac seal was probably what ruined them.

danarnold

WKR
I was eating 2 hard boiled eggs, and slamming a equate protein drink for breakfast, having this by 11 am in Mt this year and after a few days i was ripping ass more than i cared to, didnt stop me from eating them tho
I used 9 grain bread or sandwich thins, no bagels

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Baked Chicken Breast

Like most, I am not a chef. I am a hunter that enjoys good, healthy food. I don’t have a lot of time to make the long, delicious recipes that I find online. But I thought I would share some of the ones I make that don’t take long and are relatively easy to whip up. Hopefully you like them!

Ingredients:
Chicken Breast
Olive Oil
Mrs. Dash seasoning

Prep time including the salad and steamed veggies is 10 – 12 minutes.

I start with unthawed chicken breast and trim off any fat. I then coat them in an olive oil, not too heavy but enough to keep it from sticking to anything. Once coated, I then cover both sides of the breasts in Mrs. Dash seasoning. I like Mrs. Dash because they are sodium free. We as a society already have too much salt in our diets before adding any so sodium free is something I look for often in ingredients.

I place them in a glass dish safe for the oven and bake at 350°F for 11 minutes, pull them out and flip them over and bake for another 11 minutes.
I like to pair this with steamed broccoli and carrots and a side salad with Balsamic vinaigrette dressing. After the veggies are steamed I usually splash some Mrs. Dash on them to give them some flavor.

Enjoy!

Nice. Try this one too. Take chicken breast and butterfly. Put some asparagus in the chicken an a little cheese. Wrap in the whole thing in a piece of bacon. Bake in over for 45 mins to hour. Really tasty and pretty healthy.

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
Nice. Try this one too. Take chicken breast and butterfly. Put some asparagus in the chicken an a little cheese. Wrap in the whole thing in a piece of bacon. Bake in over for 45 mins to hour. Really tasty and pretty healthy.
Man that sounds good. I will try that for sure.

Brock,

My wife has a ton of quick and healthy recipes for you, I'll wrap them up and send them to you via email in the next couple of days.