new kuiu alpine pant and Kenai jackets

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Looks like they're set to arrive spring of 2015. I'm excited about that jacket but the insulation they're using is new and I'm not sure how much fill weight it has or the expected warmth. I love the 30d fabric though. Sounds like a great jacket.

Alpine pants should compare pretty directly with sitkas mountain pants.

Ben

WKR
I am pretty interested in that jacket too. I'm going to try and wait for more reviews of it but it seems that the kenai and chugach would be a great combo.

jherald

WKR
From the video on the Kuiu site under the Kenai jackets, the fill insulation looks similar to Arcteryx CoreLoft. My guess would be a similar weight to the Atom LT jacket, a fast and light synthetic insulation.

I hope they work out the tailoring on the kenai, where the sleeves enter the shoulder looks a little weird. I really really liked the spindrift and am Lookin forward to this piece, I don't mind things in an athletic or tailored cut but man I don't need my entire layering system super fitted all the time and this looks to follow that mold. For me my putties are used at camp at night and when glassing or when set up at an ambush/ water hole. Which means for the most part is goes on over my other layers I'd like a little room to be able to do that. The super down did not allow for this In my size at least.

I like the built in knee pads and the alpine pant is listed as an ounce or so lighter than the attack pants. Look like a great all around pant.

That jacket looks like it fits jason strange in the video. Maybe since its the stunner stretch stuff its comfortable when tight in the arms like that but it looks so tight.

jherald

WKR
So far I've found the Arcteryx Atom LT line to be the best overall fitting and its made for fast and light active movements. Not trying to hijack from the Kuiu thread, but the Atom LT jacket and pants has become go to for mountain insulation. True to size, not baggy and comes in awesome solid colors.