Warmer Primaloft jackets w/o hoods?

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
My cheapo REI primaloft jacket works good in September in WY, but it’s only 60 grms so I am looking for something warmer, synthetic, works as an under layer and comes w/o a hood (or a detachable hood). Fact most of the synthetic puffy jackets out there are not very “puffy”. I would use this for sitting mostly (in a tree) but could find use for it on a backpack hunt too. The other kicker is I wear a size S. Doesn’t need to be camo, just more insulated than the typical puffy.

I eliminated down since I hunt deer in the upper Midwest and this jacket would get washed a lot. Thanks.

wapitibob

WKR
I bought a kryptek Kratos and love it. Cuts the wind a whole lot better than my 90% jacket too. I used it every day a cpl weeks ago in WY. It may not be as warm as you want though.

hunt_or_bust

Lil-Rokslider
Cabelas had their passage jacket on sale for 50 bucks. 100 g of primaloft, same as sitka kelvin. I'm sure the sitka is a bit lighter but also 3 times the price.

Trr15

WKR
Cabelas had their passage jacket on sale for 50 bucks. 100 g of primaloft, same as sitka kelvin. I'm sure the sitka is a bit lighter but also 3 times the price.

+1 on the cabelas passage jacket. Heck of a bargain and a quality piece.

OP
MAT

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
The Cabelas has only L and XL left, and the Kratos and Sitka don't come in size S (but come in XXXL!). Thus my dilemma. Seems the hunting companies believe in the stereotypes. Funny but the mountaineering companies don't.

FreeRange

WKR
The Montbell Thermawrap Guide sounds right up your alley, 150 gr insulation, detachable hood, $209 list. Great company too. Have you considered adding a vest or second jacket over your current one? You could probably get away cheaper that way by just getting another 60gr jacket as everyone seems to make a version of that jacket.

It is a bummer you can't get a Passage jacket, it's an unreal deal for a great jacket.

FreeRange

WKR
On Montbell's website they sell a small and even an extra small and have them in stock.

FreeRange

WKR
That ll bean looks good too though, just checked it out and if lightweight isn't a priority no reason not to go with that jacket.

inupiat1

FNG
I don't know what your budget is, but you might check out the USMC happy suit. It's a little more rugged than most civilian ones, made in the USA, has 6 oz. primaloft and comes in coyote brown which compliments many camo patterns. I bought a jacket/pants set for $80, but you have to search for deals.

jljmonky

FNG
I have the Army Happy suit, its warm but bulky. Can generally be had on ebay. Sportsman's guide has been carrying the multicam one for around $63 but it is hooded (bought one for grins). At that price though you can cut off the hood.

One of my favorites though is an Eddie Bauer primaloft I snagged on eBay. Searching for primaloft showed me a lot of options on amazon and eBay.

Jcberg

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a Browning primaloft off eBay for $59 and it's been great! I just looked and they are still on there.

Colo4x4XJ

Lil-Rokslider
How sure are you that you are a small size? I'm an average guy that wears medium sized clothing but all of my technical layers are size large and fit. Being able to throw a puffy/shell on without feeling like the kid from a Christmas Story is a nice feeling.

OP
MAT

MAT

Lil-Rokslider
All 3 of my MH jackets are size S and they fit perfectly. KUIU Chinook jacket too (the only item they have in S). 5'6" 140#. I'm not tiny, definitely too big to be a horse jockey! Apparently KUIU (and some others) think only Bubbas hunt, which is odd if you market your gear for "mountain" hunting.