Who had a successfull Brooks Range Caribou drop hunt and who flew you in?

I'd venture to guess anyone flying you in is going to put you on Caribou. If you go with a rifle and don't get one, I'd be very surprised....or you didn't hunt very hard.

I am headed back with Arrowhead this fall.

Retterath

WKR
I didn't hunt the brooks range but hunted up in kotzebue and hired an air taxi and had no luck hardly seen any caribou and we hunted our. Butts off. So I'm gonna plan another trip up there but since u mentioned arrowhead, you must think they are a pretty good outfit? I feel our air taxi didn't do there homework and didn't really know where the bou were at or maybe had an idea but just dropped us and took off and said they should be around. I really hate to go up again and not get one. Any more advice would be great.

I'd venture to guess anyone flying you in is going to put you on Caribou. If you go with a rifle and don't get one, I'd be very surprised....or you didn't hunt very hard.

I am headed back with Arrowhead this fall.

They can be there one day and not the next....... even caribou is not a sure thing

They can be there one day and not the next....... even caribou is not a sure thing

What I was getting at is the no matter who you fly with, if they are holding up their end of the bargain, you should be put in close proximity to Caribou. That said, you are correct, Caribou hunting is anything but a sure thing, but a good operation will put the odds in your favor and a rifle will increase those odds. I wouldn't particularly seek out an outfit that wouldn't move you if you are not into the Bou either, that should be an option and high on ones requirement's list when booking. Do your research and head out on an adventure with peace of mind...

I agree with that, a good transport should put you in the animals. A lot of the guys offer a "move fee" to move you if your not in the animals. I have paid the extra couple of hundred dollars for the extra insurance, but have never needed it.