Sky(5100) for the tall guy

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Hey All,

I am in the market for a pack that will last me for seasons to come. I do anything from short 2-5 mile one day hunts to backcountry stuff of 5+ days. I have settled on the SG Sky, I THINK... The only thing keeping me from pulling the trigger is that there is nowhere for me to try these (or other high end packs) on for a fit here in western wa. So I am inquiring to those of you taller folk how you like your SG. I am 6'4 and sit around 190#'s. I just dont want to end up with something I wont be happy with after such an investment.

Rian

Last edited:
Order one and try it out. SG gives you 30 days to send it back for a full refund if you don't like it. I haven't heard any complaints about the sky packs, but don't have any experience with them either.

ckleeves

WKR
I'm 6'4" and right at 190 also and the SG frame fits me better than anything I have used. Try one out I doubt you'll be disappointed.

charvey9

WKR
Like others have said, lots of adjustment in the frame. I don't think you'll have an issue if you follow the instructions in the video on the Stone Glacier website.

I betit willwork great for you. I'm notas tall as you but I wouldn't hesitate to try it based on its adjustability- simple to get fitted correctly.

G Posik

WKR
You sound like you are just about the same size as Kurt. These packs will fit you just fine. There is plenty of adjustment in the frame to fit you.

Glenn

OP
shootnrun

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
Thanks for all the feedback! I intend to call SG here soon and get a few recommendations from them and place my order.
I hail from Eatonville, south of Puyallup. But am frequently traveling north.