Doubling up in AK again--2014

Jdog

WKR
Doubling up in AK again--2014--UPDATED 16 DEC 14

gotta get around to putting this story together...2014 AK dall hunt.

Couple teaser photos...

Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
4 days of camping meat and gear back to the pickup point...but loved every step of it.

Jdog

Awesome! Hurry up with that recap!

I also read your story from last year in Eastmon's and it was definitely a good one; I'd imagine this one will be too.

Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
There was a debt owed--and we were returning to collect. We left a legal sheep on the mountain in 2012. We got rained, wind and chitty gear'd out. It was my brother's first taste of sheep and mountain hunting. We went to a different range in 2013 and filled both our tags but still had a burning feeling in the gut--unfinished business. So in 2014 we set out to collect...

This is a heavily hunted accessible area and we enjoy going late season to not have to compete with many other sheep hunters. Plus we enjoy the majestic colors of Sep in AK--there is nothing like it. Got a bit of snow the first night and watch a momma and two cub grizz mess around above us on the mountain. We both were eager to see if the Kifaru Sawtooth would fit the bill for shelter vs the normal Hille Nallo. It was worth EVERY PENNY! Having heat that first night was legit.

go ahead and burn girl...

Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
We don't get in big hurries on our hunts. We work hard, take it all in and enjoy everything AK has to offer--sights, sounds, smells and just the feeling of hunting in AK WITH MY BROTHER. Day two we did about another 6 miles and up into sheep country.

Last edited:
OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Woke up to cold weather and nice bou around camp...cool to watch them for a while.

OP
Jdog

Jdog

WKR
Just to be in this country is a blessing--stunning views in every direction.