External Frame Packs

Daniel_M

WKR
Barney's are no doubt a bombproof exo, but for me, I don't find them as comfortable as the shoulder/waist config of a Kifaru pack. I can pack more weight as a greater distance with a Kifaru. That said, I recall a few people have sent Aron their Barneys pack for some Kifaru love.

The waist belt slips, with a PowerPull sewn in you can really crank it down. Perhaps Aron can answer the ability to put on some Kifaru shoulder straps. Barneys has a wide shoulder, which for me digs into the lats.

luke moffat

Super Moderator
I am the opposite....would love a Kifaru waistbelt with Barney's shoulder straps!!!

I am the opposite....would love a Kifaru waistbelt with Barney's shoulder straps!!!

Could not agree more !!!! In fact, i think the shoulder straps are sexy enough to make most folks overlook that crappy belt on the Barneys :) It sure happened to me...before I went the Kifaru route.

kodiakfly

WKR

Same here. The belt doesn't slip on me because I have a huge ass. But it digs in and after a while my hip sockets are aching. I've adjusted that thing up and down and all over. It still carries really well, but I know my hips will be feeling it in a little while.