Gm2

Beendare

WKR
My take; I've shot my buddies...nothing special. An ILF riser with cheap fiberglass/wood limbs is comparable. These bows are all about the limbs...so why not get something with some good options for limbs? FYI, the SF Elite+ limbs for $250 make a cheap riser an incredible bow.

The higher end TT limbs are pretty good too...as good if not better than the DAS

I've had one for about ten years, traded a black widow for it. I couldn't shoot the BW very well but I can shoot this GMII very well. I've heard a ton of folks talk about how bad they are, but I can shoot it better than any custom bow I've ever shot and I don't have to worry about it warping. Just my opinion.

Beendare

WKR
Rereading my comments it does have a bit of a negative implication for these bows- on the contrary, I like them and they are better than many of the custom bows out there today. I do think they compare equally to the lower end ILF stuff- which is good in its own right...but hard to go back to after shooting good carbon/foam limbs

Beendare,

I will agree with you 100% on your last post. I've often thought about upgrading my limbs, but I can use that cash to do more hunts and it shoots fine as it is.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I will put my Borders on the riser I just bought used tonight. The stock limbs are horrible if you draw past 28". I draw about 30-30.5" depending on the riser. I have the TT limb bushing kit for them.

I am not as grown up as you, I have about a 26.5" draw on my recurve so I can get away with the stock limbs. Make sure give us an update on how it shoots. Which arrows are you planning on shooting?

OP
Brandon Pattison
I'm ape armed to match my hunched over neandrthal brain. Aftermath 400s, full length with 150 up front, hopefully.

OP
Brandon Pattison
5d42ede034ab76049be4b077077809c6.jpg

En route.

OP
Brandon Pattison
I might camouflage it. I like toys that are pre-modified so I'm not afraid to beat on them, like a shiny Wingmaster. I'll take the beat up rust-pitted one.

OP
Brandon Pattison
969ca51da4dc1d623febc63459d0fc78.jpg

The rattle cans are going to get deployed soon. Kryptek Highlander would look nice too.

I thought that I needed a 61" string. Turns out I need a 60" string so I will do that first, then float my shafts and then fletch.