Denver area Rokslide training camp

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Alrighty fellas.......

As some of you may have seen on my Facebook posts, we are training at Redrocks and green mountain throughout the week.

So we're looking at training at least one time a week in the evening at a set time so everyone can join in.

We are thinking Wed or Thur around 6:30 PM. This would take place at the Redrocks or Green Mountain.

Please chime in if you're interested and let us know what time works best.

Thanks Everyone!

I had the chance to do this a couple times last year. This is a great way to get into the habit with really good folks. Not only exercise but a lot of knowledge shared I am going to do this and I am pretty old. I can't keep up with the younger guys and no one disses me for it. Logistics are not to good for me so I count it as an investment.. if you have been thinking about getting into better shape then do this. You are going to die or get to old to hunt the back country so you might as well live. Thursday is better for me.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
So out of all the backcountry hunters in the Denver area, we've got one guy going?

Come on fellas.....make the time and get out there with us and do work!

trkyslr

WKR
So out of all the backcountry hunters in the Denver area, we've got one guy going?

Come on fellas.....make the time and get out there with us and do work!
if i was a res of colorado id be in for sure but nor cal is a little of a trek. Aron just curious I see you hike up and down the amphitheater at red rocks but can you explain more details about your workout there incluidng how many times up and down, speed, times, how much weight in pack, etc.? Theres a few diff hikes I do weekly and would like to change it up a little so different routines are good and welcome.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We change it up A LOT.

We go from long distance treks on green mountain with 50-70 lbs. This is at a 3 MPH pace for 6-12 miles.

On other days we hit the tower trail. The Tower trail is just over a mile long, but gains 1000 feet in elevation. This is done with anything from 25lb packs on up to 65 lb packs.

Redrocks is the biggest ass kicker of them all. The pack weight is 45lbs or more and we basically hike for 45 minutes up and down the stairs in various different ways.

I'll go into more depth later today.

I'll be in Denver over the holidays, any chance you'll run a few of these during that time? I'll be there from 23-28 December.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Aron my foot is healing up but will try to do a few of these with you. You know me man you run circles around my ass without a bum foot.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Aron my foot is healing up but will try to do a few of these with you. You know me man you run circles around my ass without a bum foot.

Did you injure it on your front porch....reviewing all your gear:) Just kidding.....don't hate me!

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Did you injure it on your front porch....reviewing all your gear:) Just kidding.....don't hate me!

Nah you know I'm good for the laughs :) I actually had the toe operated on a few years ago to realign it the cut it off took bone out pinned it together. I reinjured it recently. Sucks having bad feet.

I think I can do the Thursday evening 6:30pm time most weeks. Usually out of state on Wednesday. What other times are you guys going in the mornings?

Wby257

FNG
I would love to show up but I can only do it every third week as my work schedule is 2 on and 1off. But on my week off it doesn't matter which day.
I'm a new resident of the State and would love to meet new people so count me in.

OP
Aron Snyder

Aron Snyder

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
We're going to hit green mountain Saturday morning. ..

Let us know what time works for everyone.

trkyslr

WKR
We change it up A LOT.

We go from long distance treks on green mountain with 50-70 lbs. This is at a 3 MPH pace for 6-12 miles.

On other days we hit the tower trail. The Tower trail is just over a mile long, but gains 1000 feet in elevation. This is done with anything from 25lb packs on up to 65 lb packs.

Redrocks is the biggest ass kicker of them all. The pack weight is 45lbs or more and we basically hike for 45 minutes up and down the stairs in various different ways.

I'll go into more depth later today.

10-4 thanks