BC Goat Guide

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Can anyone recommend a good goat guide for BC? I'm looking to book for 2017.

Thanks

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
I hunted with Babine Guides in 2012 and will be returning next year. Can't say enough good about them. Check bowsites outfitter ratings page.....many happy hunters.

brettpsu

Lil-Rokslider
FYI I do believe Babine is booked for goats up to 2017 and I would bet after the winter sport shows they will be booked till 2018.

bighouse31

Lil-Rokslider
Golden Bear Outfitters - Greg is excellent to work with easy logistics as you fly in and out of Juneau. Oh and they have huge goats also.

jwb300

WKR
I went with Circle M in September and took a goat. Saw quite a few goats while I was there and would recommend them.

DSC05892_zpsfc674cbd.jpg

SDHNTR

WKR
None better than Lonesome Dove Outfitters, Dennis Zadra. From what I saw, slam dunk on a big billy with a gun. Best outfitter I've ever worked with, for any species.

jwb300

WKR
Nice goat!

Thanks Liv2Hunt. I really enjoyed that hunt. The Circle M guys offer a real back country experience - all horseback travel in some beautiful countryside. We saw a tonne of game including Moose, Black and Griz Bears, Mountain Caribou and a heap of goats.

Kotaman

WKR
I've taken two with Babine. Great people and TONS of goats. I can't imagine a better place for Mountain Goats in North America.

Attachments

• bcgoat.jpg
    bcgoat.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 107
I'd look real hard at the guided hunts on Kodiak too... I bet they would be cheaper and easier, higher percentage as well plus good goats to be had. Additionally, you can go later in the year (compared to other areas of Alaska) to ensure a great hide without the huge worry about weather (weather is an issue anywhere obviously) keeping you out of the area goats call home. You can get snowed in most anywhere or shut out of an area and that can happen at any time, just a great chance of being able to get an incredible trophy, all things considered, on Kodiak.

norsepeak

Lil-Rokslider
Jim Lancaster at Copper River Outfitters out of Telqwa River. He has an awesome area with world class genetics. First class operation with some fantastic guides and amazing food! I've hunted with him 4 times and I'm booked to go back in '16.View attachment 21947

OP
Liv2Hunt

Liv2Hunt

Lil-Rokslider
Jim Lancaster at Copper River Outfitters out of Telqwa River. He has an awesome area with world class genetics. First class operation with some fantastic guides and amazing food! I've hunted with him 4 times and I'm booked to go back in '16.View attachment 21947

Thanks I will check them out. For some reason I can't open the attachmetn.

I booked a hunt with Babine for 2016 a few weeks ago so I could get in before the show season filled their openings. They were running thin on openings at that point. I've only heard good things about them, but this will be my first trip with them.