My wife makes me crazy

Jimbob

WKR
nowadays sewing is not a chore (for the most part) like vacuuming. Nobody vacuums as a hobby. So comparing a vacuum and sewing machine is not accurate. Some women actually don't like jewellery, my wife for instance. Getting my wife a new sewing machine would be a great gift. This year I bought my wife a new 7qt red kitchenmaid mixer, best gift ever for her. She bought me a used hoyt carbon spyder turbo. Neither of these were surprises. Every once in awhile we do surprise each other though. Last year she got me a gopro, not something I really wanted to buy but it was a great surprise and I enjoy it.

I hope the OP likes his surprise, at least your wife knew were to shop.

Frosty82

WKR
Lol, I guess I have a keeper. My Bride got me a swaro spotter for my birthday this year and pretty sure I have a first lite puffy under the tree right now. I should quite procrastinating and figure out something for her!

Manosteel

WKR
For years I bought my wife jewelry and she appreciated it but she final told me that like me and my gear; she would rather buy what she wants how she wants it from where she wants it when it comes to jewelry. For b-days, Xmas, anniversaries etc.. She would much rather have a new sewing machine, top self kitchen appliance for baking etc..

I can relate. My wife told me last week to quit looking at the bank account so she could shop for me. I asked her the other day what our balance was looking like and it was about $600 less than I thought it should be.

"What did you do....?"

"Well, I tried to do the thing you do for big purchases (Bill Me Later) but couldn't figure it out so just used the account".

Personally I'd rather nobody got me anything for Giftmas and I just buy what I want. The anticipation is killing me!! The worst part about this situation is that I'm afraid she'd pick up something I didn't need, wrong type or not have hunted around for the best deal like I do.

My wife doesn't even try to buy me gear anymore. She just says "buy it yourself and count it from me". She knows I'm picky and would rather not buy me stuff I don't want.

Same here for the most part, although my wife has gotten me some stuff I actually wanted and use. She got me a Summit Viper a couple years ago. I would have bought the cheaper version myself, but it's nice to have the more comfortable chair. I have no idea how she knew, but I'm guessing she asked my dad, which is a good call.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is why we need a forum subcategory specifically for wives. I believe it was rhendrix wife the came on here looking for help when she couldn't get in touch with her husband, which was a brilliant move on her part that I am still impressed with. This thread here is another practical reason to get our spouses at least acquainted with Rokslide as I guarantee %98 of us on here have a far better grasp of what another rokslider would want as a gift than our own wives do. It's not their fault, they can't all be Becca Moffat. :)

husky390

WKR
I went through all the same trouble. I even had to find retailers that had my item in stock and emailed them and posted them to her wall on facebook..... I NEVER FACEBOOOK ANYTHING!!!!!

Do you think im going to get what i wanted for Xmas????

Let me save you the trouble!!!

NO!!!!!

LOL, one year, I wanted a western holster rig for my .41 mag blackhawk. And after attempting what you did, my loving wife bought me a plain jane holster. After that, I ordered the rig I wanted and now she hands me cash.

William Hanson (live2hunt)

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's why we have a ladies forum
I always took the ladies forum as a place for our fairer hunting comrades to discuss some of the aspects of our shared passions from a woman's perspective rather than a support group for our hunting widows. I've told my wife to join but so far I've been unsuccessful, to be fair though I've joined none of her Facebook groups that buy and sell baby stuff.

OP
Where's Bruce?
This is why my wife will never get me anything...... BLessing and a curse. If i want it she knows that i will just buy it.

Now on a second thought. I have been dragging packs and bags to her to get sewn and every time she passes. But yet she spends probally about 30 hours a week doing quilts and the like. Her projects you know. Why cant she just slide mine in there some where.

Well this got me thinking!!! (bad idea) I went out and bought her a new sewing machine. She has been using moms hand-me-downs. She is way over due. Maybe a little bribery will work in my favor. So under our tree right now is a fully loaded sewing machine!!!!

Again i ask you! Do you think im going to get what i want......

HELL NO!!!!

But it cant hurt. OH and by the way, you guys who think that this is a good idea, stop in some time and look what a quality sewing machine costs. not the one on the shelf at your local craft store, but a quality one. I could have had some Razor binos in my stocking for it and its nowhere the one her mom just bought. A fully loaded custom rifle could have been hiding under there my tree for what she spent.

Dead man posting. LOL

OP
Where's Bruce?
Used my gift cert: added one large pod, two medium pods and a small pods to attach to my DT1

Podsizes350.jpg

as well as to two dry sacks...my pack is no longer a condo, now it is a mansion! LOL

Drysack3501.jpg

OP
Where's Bruce?
I got em for raft hunting, figured it would be easier to have everything strapped together and I can just remove the bag and pack meat out with the meat bags straped to the frame.