Let's see your mountain goat pics!

CtP

Lil-Rokslider
Here's some more sweet genetics from Revilla island. 7 year old. I included a pic of his rough 2nd year which produced and abnormal growth ring. bio's were intrigued, but did confirm it was a 2nd year ring.

just a hair under 10 & 6.

Kathleen's was bigger ;)

yours truly.

F.G.!

2nd year

luke moffat

Super Moderator
WOW great pics CtP!!! Wish I could have tagged along with you guys!!! Good to see ya back in AK for a bit...hopefully soon it will be home again huh? Congrats to both your and BigHorse!!! Bighorse you are a goat killin' machine...just saw pics of the one you got for yourself this year. Way to get it done!

Navaluk

FNG
I'm new here and I do not know the system to post pictures yet, but the RMG Alliance posted my Hat Trick of lower 48 Mountain Goats, 2010, 2012, 2014. I will try to get them here since I'm proud of the accomplishment and good fortune they represent. Good luck to my fellow Mountain goat hunters. We hunt above and beyond the sheep.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Thanks Becca. Can you see the images alright? You and Luke's hunt are great. We live in Wasilla too, see you guys around!

The photos weren't embedded, but showed up when I clicked the links. Viewing on my iPad, so not sure if that makes a difference.

Great to connect with local folks here...look forward to hearing more from you!

cobrad

FNG
PICT0005_zpsktfihhmd.jpg

2009 Colorado Goat 9 1/8". After 10 years of applying I finally drew. Made 13 scouting trips that year... but my trailhead was less than an hour from home. Got him on the first day of the hunt. 302 yards, .243.

jwb300

WKR
Great goat cobrad. Did you take him with a 243? That is ballsy! What projie did you use?

Cheers,
JWB

waterrat

FNG
Here's my goat,, I did a solo hunt starting at Lake George and ended up near the head of the Gannel Glacier. There were 13 billy's on the mountain and this guy was almost 10".

cobrad

FNG
That's a big goat waterrat, congrats!

I did take mine with a Kimber .243. Another rifle I had planned to use developed problems just before the hunt, and I didn't want to use the .358 STA I had. I didn't have time to for load development as I was using the .243 with 58 gr V-Max's as a varmint gun, so bought a couple boxes of factory ammo with 90 gr. Fusion bullets. Rifle still shot sub-moa, so that's what I used. The shot was broadside with a good rest over my pack and the goat was not moving.