B&H deal

Oben CT-3531 Carbon Fiber Tripod
with BE-108T Ball Head
You Pay: $169.95
Orig. Price: $399.95 Save $230.00

Looks like a pretty good deal. Anyone have one of these? How do you like it? I am working with a vortex highcountry so I am thinking this would be quite an upgrade.

mauidiver

WKR
Looks like it's back up today. Anyone use this before? How's the packabity on this baby. Looks to be a great deal.

Shrek

WKR
I have the Oben CT 2331 tripod and the quality is very good. I used it yesterday with my ats 80 and it dampened the wind vibration very well for as light as it is. I just ordered a Sirui T-25X to try as an open box special for $165 so there are a few deals to be had if thisone is gone.

Broomd

WKR
Sold out...

Not a bad thing for me personally, I really didn't need one as I have a Manfrotto 294 Carbon I bought from B&H very reasonably...but a great deal just the same.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sold out...

Not a bad thing for me personally, I really didn't need one as I have a Manfrotto 294 Carbon I bought from B&H very reasonably...but a great deal just the same.

I have that same tripod. Looking to cut a few lbs.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
B&H deal

Got off work this morning to find a box from bh.

So far... I'm impressed. It weighs 2 lbs 6.5oz with the center weight hook removed. It's pretty sturdy little unit. I put my dslr on it and it worked well. Swarovski 80mm spotting scope was next. It held it steady as well! The ball head is the first ball head I've had experience with so I can't compare but I like the design of this one. It has a separate knob for horizontal panning. The ball tensioner tensions nicely with numbered increments. The centerpole is removable so if you don't want to stand behind it, it can get lighter.

I look forward to using this guy in the field and see if it can stand the test of time.