Boot Month: A Well Tuned Boot System! - Win a package from Lathrop & Sons!!!

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
410679943.jpg

Boot month has been in the works since last fall and lot of folks have been working hard to make this happen. I'm excited to kick this off and share a bit of my journey on the way to "happy feet." I hope you find my write up helpful. Below is the link to article, "Increasing Boot Performance" I wrote from an interview I did with Stephen Lathrop. His passion and expertise for getting hunters in boots that fit was contagious!

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/318-increasing-boot-performance

Also Stephen generously offered up a boot giveaway to Rokslide members. Here's the details:

As a bonus for being a Rokslide member Stephen is going to offer up a free boot / footbed combo to one lucky Rokslide member. However, there is a catch, you have to play to win. You must call in and order a boot / footbed combination between today and February 16th, 2015 to be entered. You need to provide your Rokslide user name and let the folks at Lathrop & Son’s know you are participating in the Rokslide promotion when buying. Stephen will throw all the names in a hat, draw one, and that lucky hunter will get his full purchase price refunded. Odds are dependent on total sales, but should be good!
http://www.lathropandsons.com/ 1-618-544-8782

Last edited by a moderator:
FYI guys Last 3 days of the Illinois whitetail season! So as you can imagine James and I will have bow in hand treestand her we come.
If you miss us leave a message we will get back with you on Monday. Have a great weekend.

Tiger Rag

WKR
Good stuff once again Rokslide! Thanks Stephen! I've been interested in the tech lite hunters since last year. May be time to try them.

I bought my first pair of true mountain boots from Lathrop and sons a few years ago. They have great service. I have the hanwag Alaska gtx they are the best boot I have owned.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I bought my first pair of true mountain boots from Lathrop and sons a few years ago. They have great service. I have the hanwag Alaska gtx they are the best boot I have owned.
Those were the boots I wanted, but Stephen didn't think they were right for my feet. Solid boot though. Glad they work good for you.

mauidiver

WKR
Oh man, those are exactly the boots i've been eying for the last couple months. Since I had my Moto accident 4 years ago, I have titanium braces surrounding my entire left side of my pelvis. During the 7 hour surgery there were complications with my S-nerve with my left leg and foot. Now 4 yrs later, i dont have feeling on the right side(big toe side) of my left foot and patches on my thigh. So finding the best boot is really important for me. I talked with Steven this last week and ordered the foot beds for my Saloman GTX i scored at REI gaurage sale for $100 bucks. I must say I love the footbeds and the service I got from Stephen. I'm still debating on the his Lowa boots and returning the Saloman. Yes, money is an issue and my Gambling luck has never been that good. SO if anyone is in the same boat as me, buy his footbeds. It did give me the edge I needed for $60 more bucks. Decisions decisions!! A free pair of boots would be pretty sweet though.

OP
Matt W.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dang mauidiver, sounds like one heck of a moto accident. Glad you are finding boot sytems that work. A good fitting Boot system is hard enough for me to find, much less dealing with that extra twist. Glad Stephen could help you out.