Boot Month: The Schnee's Absaroka by Erik Wallace

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Many Rokslide members are hard-core backcountry hunters. Guest Contributor, Erik Wallace, is one of them. He put the Schnee's Absaroka heavy-duty hiking boot to the test in the Idaho backcountry this last fall. He share's his experiences with the Rokslide crowd here:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/315-schnee-s-absaroka-boot-review

Eric will chime in here if you have any questions on the Absaroka's

Also, Schnee's, a Rokslide sponsor, also generously donated a pair of their Bridger light hikers to one Rokslide member. To get entered for the drawing, all you need to do is read the Bridger review here:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/footwear/312-schnee-s-bridger-hiker-boot

If you like it, then post your thoughts on what you'd use the Bridgers for on Schnee's Facebook page here:
https://www.facebook.com/schnees.montana
AND "Like" that post (that is how we know you entered).

Look for the post with the picture of the Bridgers. Depending on when you visit their page, you may have to scroll down a bit to find the post. Good luck. We'll announce the winner after February 16th.

Last edited:

Tiger Rag

WKR
Love the eVent membrane. Been wanting to try these for some time now. Thanks for the review!

sheller73

FNG
Nice review! You mentioned in the review that it was a 6-inch boot, reading on the Schnee's website, it is in fact a 9-inch boot (for those that were curious). I wanted to know if you used the original insole or an aftermarket pair e.g. green superfeet (Which I will be using). I'm very finicky about my feet and socks so I hope the "Excess" E-Vent material isn't a deal-breaker. I guess I will have to try them on at the downtown location as I am moving to Bozeman the first week of June :)

Thanks for the info on these!

SH

sheller73

FNG
I stand corrected, I didn't know that it came in both a 6 and 9 inch model. My apologies!

Madnik

Lil-Rokslider
To date, I've stuck with the factory insoles and they've survey me well. And yes, I've got a set of greens on hand but haven't felt the need to swap then out yet.

Jon Boy

WKR
Stopped in schnees a few days ago. Theyve discontinued the 9 in absaroka. in the next 2 years there suppose to have an uninsulated granite to replace them. Bummer.

murf45

WKR
I'm thinking about ordering the adsaroka and they said to order the boot true to size. Have most of you found that to be true? I wear 11.5 in an asic running shoe and 12 in the salomon 4dgtx.

Schnee's

WKR
Rokslide Sponsor
Great review Erik. Very happy to hear about your positive experience with our boots! Just want to clarify, our Absaroka's do come in both 6in and 9in sizes. However, at the time of your review, the 6in version was not on the website for some reason.

thanks again
Matt @ Schnees