Mule Deer Shed Hunting 2015

The drop has started here in SW Idaho. Picked up a couple of brown fresh sheds on Saturday and a friend picked up a few more yesterday. Has it started where you are at?

muleman

WKR
Spent the last week on winter range in Northern Utah and only saw one buck that had dropped one horn. Otherwise all buck and bulls still had both horns.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Spent all last week glassing winter range didn't see a single that had dropped yet. Eastern Utah. Not much snow either. Did find a matching set of whites from last year.

OP
O
It's going to be interesting here this year with the lack of big snow in the high country in SW Idaho, the bucks are more spread out.

mt100gr.

WKR
Most here have dropped. Big snows early and quite a bit of severe cold earlier this winter.

DRP

Lil-Rokslider
Saw a nice buck in eastern oregon this weekend that was missing one side but his buddy
was still packing both sides

NVCHUKAR

WKR
Doesn't really matter in the basin. Shed hunting is prohibited for a couple more months.

Same here Nevada has a new law out thanks to all of those big shed antler companies and lazy ****ers that were chasing elk with their quads and bikes.

Same here Nevada has a new law out thanks to all of those big shed antler companies and lazy ****ers that were chasing elk with their quads and bikes.

There isn't actually a season in NV as of now... I'd be out looking.

1hoda

Banned
Still wearing headgear in n CO. I'm going out tomorrow just to keep in shape- well see if anything has changed since last weekend.

There isn't actually a season in NV as of now... I'd be out looking.

this it true from the research I've done. There is a proposal on the table to be looked at by the legislator which started their session on Feb 2nd. As of now I can't find that it has been written as law.

That being said, everything I'm seeing still have both antlers.

Most everything is still packing here. Last year they didn't start dropping hard in the southern part of the state until the very end of February. That said, I'm gonna start next weekend. Gotta test the new pack and I'm fine with picking up some whites.

1hoda

Banned
Northern Co- Saw 7 bucks yesterday- all still wearing both sides. Bucks and does looked to be in very good condition for February.

OP
O
went out again last weekend SW Idaho and saw a few bucks still packing both sides. Hopefully getting into the primetime soon!

AMann

FNG
No Co bucks still holding strong. Saw 4 bucks today wearing both sides. Found a couple whites but nothing special