Lightweight Long range scope

spdrman

WKR
Just as the title says I'm building a new rifle and looking for a lighter weight scope, looking for something with great glass under 25oz with atleast 18x magnification, zero stop with moa reticle and turrets. FFP reticle would be a plus!

I've looked about everywhere I can think of and just seeing if someone could throw some new ideas at me

Thanks!

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
I was going to say leupold mark 6, but think it only comes in mils

I was LITERALLY going to just make this same exact thread. I am all ears.

The lightest one that I have found that fits that bill was the Huskemaw blue diamond. It has MOA windage and LRH has it listed at 23 OZ

Joe

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
Huskemaw is SFP, mark 6 was my first choice tell I seen it was only offered in mil, that scope has everything I want besides that!

WestDan

Lil-Rokslider
if you are willing to drop 2x on the top end, the Vortex Viper PST 4-16x50 FFP Riflescope is a pretty good deal.

For that weight class (26 ounces), I would go with the Bushnell 4.5-18x44 LRHS. The only drawback for me is the capped windage turret.

I looked at one of the scopes mentioned above at SHOT, and wouldn't bother:rolleyes:

OP
spdrman

spdrman

WKR
Haha OK ... I've owned a couple before wasn't impressed on what I got for what they cost, not finding a 4.5-28 lrhs, new scope?

Haha OK ... I've owned a couple before wasn't impressed on what I got for what they cost, not finding a 4.5-28 lrhs, new scope?

4.5-18 will be out in the next month. I looked through it and played with the turret on it at SHOT. I was impressed! Generally speaking, I don't care for FFP reticles, but the G2M has a circle in the middle of the crosshairs for a center reference when the power is turned down and the reticle gets tiny.

anyone ever tried the vortex viper hs-t 4-16X44? It has eerything you are looking for except ffp and is about 1/3rd the cost? 21 oz

the one that goes to 24X is 22.5 oz