P90x

bwlacy

WKR
Has anyone on here started out with P90X? I started doing that a month ago after not having really worked out in 20 years. I can tell a difference already. Not sure what I should do after the 90 days. Another cycle of that or a lot more cardio. I also plan to do a lot of stairs with a weighted pack.

I did a couple rounds of P90x after I did Insanity. I did gain some muscle on P90x but I was in better shape with Insanity. I had great cardio after Insanity and I did gain some muscle and a lot of flexibility. If you are looking for a good cardio work out thats what i recommend if you are looking to do more weight lifting I would recommend Body Beast. I hope that gives you some other options to check out.

unm1136

WKR
I just started P90X Doubles. When I finish toward the summer I will pick up Convict Conditioning and the kettlebell. The double workouts for P90x are weighed multimile ruck marches for tim. P90x does more for strenght, and Insanity works you harder cardiovascularly. Both are pretty boring and repetative. My good friend, whom I turned onto both P90x and Insanity, raves about P90x3, but warns that you gotta be in good shape before you start, but the 30 minute workouts are difficult, and demanding, with none of the down time you get in P90x. I hope to use P90x3 after my elk season and again next spring.

pat

I've been doing the P90X3 this winter and really like it. I don't think it offers as high a level of cardio conditioning as Insanity does, but it is a really good mix of strength, conditioning, and flexibility.

zman

Lil-Rokslider
Did the original P90x. Great for something simple that you don't need a lot of equipment for. I think its a good foundation for mountain hunting but I would add in running, dead lifts, squats and stuff like that.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
Thanks for the replies. I plan to do a lot of stairs with a weighted pack, running, and lifting once I'm done with the first 90 days and it warms up here. Been below zero for a couple weeks every night. There is a spot on the river that has 240 stairs that has better scenery than the football field. My brother is doing Insanity now and he is the one who started me on the P90x.