West Texas javelina hunt Live

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Well I'm 17 hours away from headed south to Texas from Colorado to hunt Javelinas with my bow. Majority of packing is complete. I will keep you guys updated as my travel and hunt continues.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
I'm down by the big bend .. Today was first day walked the whole ranch never saw a javelina only one muley. High winds and colder temps might have kept them bedded not sure pretty depressing but tomorrow looks like better weather

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Good luck man I got a hog hunt in the first week of April. Super excited.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
Good luck on your hunt I will be headed to Tennessee the second week for turkey

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
By far worst outfit iv seen zero Javelinas, feeder door was closed and food molded all around the lip, trail cam had pics dated to October had zero Javelinas on it talked to the owner said bad weather that's all Iv heard. My first paid hunt just left a sour taste towards outfitters right now

neverquit

WKR
Do you have to sit feeder at this place? Will they let you go off on your own and just hunt.? Javelina were made for spot and stalk hunting.

Zbot

WKR
What outfitter and area are you in??? I'm from Texas and we have more javelina than we know what to do with.

Zbot

WKR
Do you have to sit feeder at this place? Will they let you go off on your own and just hunt.? Javelina were made for spot and stalk hunting.

They come to feeders like crazy...its what we call them corn rats. They are worse than turkeys with corn.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
By far worst outfit iv seen zero Javelinas, feeder door was closed and food molded all around the lip, trail cam had pics dated to October had zero Javelinas on it talked to the owner said bad weather that's all Iv heard. My first paid hunt just left a sour taste towards outfitters right now

Man sorry to hear that. Id head down to your local feed store buy your own feed and start spreading dinner out for the hogs. guess if the outfitter isnt keeping up to his end of the deal gotta make your own stuff happen.

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
I'm back in Colorado now, I walked it was a diy hunt on my own I wanted to spot and stalk but was absolutely zero there it was on a ranch just south of big bend ranch state park

I went on a pig hunt in Texas and all I seen was javalina! The owner was from MN as am I. He had just got down there so I don't think he had been baiting long enough to get the pigs to come back in. But he did put tons of corn out and called a week later to offer us a pig he had trapped in his pen. I was already home though!

OP
W

williamson88

Lil-Rokslider
I feel your pain man talked to a guy today had land 30 miles from where I was told me had good amount and can hunt but I'm home lol

SethH

Lil-Rokslider
What a bumber!!! I've personally had terrible luck with guided hunts myself!