Clean Deadlift: 100% of back squat
Snatch Deadlift: 90% of back squat
Powerlifting Deadlift: 120% of back squat
Bench Press: 75% of back squat
Close-Grip Bench Press: 67.5% of back squat
Push Press: 63.75% of back squat
Incline Bench Press: 60% of back squat
Military Press (standing, strict): 45% of back squat
Weighted Dip: 78.75% of back squat (bodyweight included)
Supinated Chin-Up: 67.5% of back squat (bodyweight included)
Chest-Supported Barbell Row (torso parallel): 52.5% of back squat
Preacher Curl: 30% of back squat
Standing Reverse Curl: 26.25% of back squat
Clean & Jerk: 80% of back squat
Snatch: 66% of back squat
Clean: 81.6% of back squat
Jerk: 84% of back squat
Power Clean: 68% of back squat
Power Jerk: 72% of back squat
Power Snatch: 54% of back squat
Front Squat: 85% of back squat

mohawk32

Lil-Rokslider
Interesting. I'm in the ballpark for most of those except the accessory type lifts. I honestly can't remember the last time I did anything besides dumbbell curls.

I saw that article as well. Interesting stuff. Makes me feel OK about my own ratio. Not overly strong by any means, but I seem to be doing pretty good in terms of the core lifts being very near to those ratios for squat, bench, deadlift, OH press. I don't really track the other auxiliary stuff to know the exact ratio, but may start paying more attention to it. I'm a scrawny guy at 6 ft 168 lbs and gaining, but the ratios are basically right on for where I'm at with 300 lb squat. I've been working the Jim Wendler 5/3/1 program recently to add some strength and trying to get up to 180 lbs. for a good solid back country bow hunting ass kicking weight. :D

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I don't do isolated lifts, but most of my numbers came out very close if not exact. My snatch and Clean & jerks were 15-20 lbs under but they have been going up lately. Front squat was 5 lbs off. I'm glad to see my programming is well rounded. I thought my shoulders were disproportionally weak, but the %s were right on.

jmez

WKR
Of the lifts I do on the list mine are close. Snatches, clean and jerk etc compound movements throwing stuff over my head I wouldn't even attempt at those %'s.

OP
P

Poser

WKR
I dropped into Crossfit Crested Butte (nearly 9,000 feet) and did an Oly class last night. The altitude was a bit humbling, but got some great coaching for a solid hour on nothing but snatch technique.

WKR
Would this favor weaker squatters? Many of the numbers get a little spicy with a squat north of 400#.

Would this favor weaker squatters? Many of the numbers get a little spicy with a squat north of 400#.

It would sure seem so. I haven't lifted really heavy since college, but at that time I could squat up near the 400 mark. My bench, however, lagged down around 230 (weighed 215 at the time). I have long arms, and have always sucked at lots of pushups, pullups, heavy bench, etc.