Xpedition Xcentric 6

OR Archer

WKR
We received our first shipment from Xpedition Archery yesterday. I set up an Xcentric 6 for a demo. I'm pretty impressed with this bow. Tuning was pretty straight forward and a breeze.

It's a very fast bow and holds its efficiency at all draw lengths which is very impressive. Accuracy is exceptional as well. The aims and holds on target extremely well. Draw cycle is a little stiff and the valley is not huge but is still very manageable. Very similar to Hoyts in this regard. Fit and finish is superb as well.

Overall a very impressive "new" line of bows. If you have an opportunity to try one out give it a go.

japple

FNG
We got our first ones in about a month ago and they sold out in a week! They are a fantastic bows. I was highly impressed with them as well. Fit and finish is fantastic along with all the other things you mentioned. All I have to do now is decide which one I will be hunting with this year.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
I'd opt for the Xcentric 6. If I didn't already get a new bow Id probably be shooting one.

japple

FNG
Yesterday at the shop I played with the one we just got in (xcentric 6). 29", 72# it shot a 500gr deep impact at 280 fps. Found my setup for this year! What little vibration and noise there was with this bow to begin with was gone when I put the heavy arrow in it.

I'd opt for the Xcentric 6. If I didn't already get a new bow Id probably be shooting one.

That's is awesome to hear that the Bow Rack is gonna be carrying them. I just picked up an Xring 6 and was worried about possible parts issues should they arise. You guys are one of 2 shops I would ever let touch my bow.

Better be careful, if people give them a chance you will start seeing a lot of those bad boys in the NW. The bows are amazing in build quality, and are a pleasure to shoot.

OP
OR Archer

OR Archer

WKR
That's is awesome to hear that the Bow Rack is gonna be carrying them. I just picked up an Xring 6 and was worried about possible parts issues should they arise. You guys are one of 2 shops I would ever let touch my bow.

Better be careful, if people give them a chance you will start seeing a lot of those bad boys in the NW. The bows are amazing in build quality, and are a pleasure to shoot.

Its the first new bow line we have brought in in quite a few years. Most guys who have tried them have been impressed with them.

japple

FNG
Draw cycle on the perfexion is almost identical, just shorter because of the increased brace height. Perfexion definitely aims better, but the characteristics of the bow obviously lend itself to that. I have only shot the one the rep brought into the store so far. I will have one in the shop later this week and will provide a more detailed review of it then.

How does it like fixed blade heads?

Still trying to decide whether or not to sell the Z7 and try an Xpedition.

Only reason I havent sold the Mathews is because of how well I can shoot it

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I shot an Xcentric 7 yesterday.. I shot it without sights as it was a demo, could not believe it when I stacked two arrows side by side in the bull! It was a smooth draw, good let off, and a solid back wall. I want one now!

Meant to say earlier, its smoking fast!

Last edited:

PMcGee

WKR
How does it like fixed blade heads?

Still trying to decide whether or not to sell the Z7 and try an Xpedition.

Only reason I havent sold the Mathews is because of how well I can shoot it

I'm in the same boat. I'm going to try and shoot the Xpedition and a few others in the next few weeks.

jm1607

WKR
I shot an Xcentric 7 yesterday.. I shot it without sights as it was a demo, could not believe it when I stacked two arrows side by side in the bull! It was a smooth draw, good let off, and a solid back wall. I want one now!

Meant to say earlier, its smoking fast!

That's the one I want! I figure it's already fast as shit, may as well get the 7" brace!

Depending on what Xpedition does next year, I'm planning on this to be my 2016 bow