Cooper Firearms Long Range Rifle

Good afternoon,

Steve from Cooper Firearms here. Wanted to give you guys a little teaser on the new Long Range Rifle that is ready for the public. We have 2 different styles the (XLR) which is our Excalibur stock style and the (JLR) Jackson Hunter.
The Excalibur is our standard sporter style stock with a spiral fluted bolt and straight fluted barrel, which will come standard all chrome moly blued. The Jackson Hunter is the Monte Carlo stock style with a rollover cheek piece and that comes with a chrome moly action and stainless steel barrel.. I will leave you with that for now. I will be back with a little more info later. Most of you should be very happy with the calibers that we have chosen.

Steve

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Cooper Firearms of Montana
Ok,

So here are the calibers. I tried to give you guys a teaser, but I am just so excited that I cannot wait any longer. These are the calibers that we will be offering in the Long Range rifle, 6.5x284, 280 AI, 7mm REM MAG, 7MM STW, 300 WIN MAG, 338 WIN MAG, 7MM RUM, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua, 26 Nosler and 28 Nosler. They will be in our Jackson Hunter and Excalibur HS Precision stocks. I will get some photos and specs of the first one we built up today. If you have any question, please let me know. [email protected]

Steve

OP
So I just posted some pictures. This is the Jackson Hunter 300 WIN MAG in HS Presicion green and tan camo stock. It is shown with a spiral fluted bolt and bi-pod that are options. The Night force scope is not part of the package. Let me know what you think.

Steve

OP
Archer the rifle is coming in @ 9.6 LBS bare. The overall length of the rifle is 47.5". The magazine will accept a bullet 3.66". The length of pull is 13 3/4". Wilson Premium match grade barrel with a contour of 1.18x.750x26", with the muzzle break it is 27 1/4". 1/2" MOA guarantee.

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
And she's good looking. Some LR guns look like clubs but not this one.

I didn't see any specs on the trigger? My Excalibur in Mod 52 is super crisp and light.

OP
Model 52 Long Range Rifle features:

The Model 52 Long range rifle is designed and configured for the long range shooter. The entire design reduces felt recoil for faster sight picture recovery after the first shot and the new Cooper Muzzle break funnels gases away from the rifle to aid in shot placement visibility and follow up shots.
We are offering two standard stock styles: the Excalibur, which features a sporter style HS Precision stock, spiral fluted bolt and a straight fluted barrel made from 4140 Chrome moly.
The Jackson Hunter style stock features a Monte Carlo rollover cheek piece for better eye relief return as well as a 4140 chrome moly action and stainless steel barrel. We have increased the recoil lug size (.625) to create more action stiffness upon recoil. Our Model 52 action is sitting on an aluminum bedding block as well as glass bedded for greater accuracy.
You can choose from some of the most popular and accurate calibers currently available, 6.5x284, 280AI, 7mm REM MAG, 7mm STW, 300 WIN MAG, 338 WIN MAG, 7mm RUM, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua, 26 Nosler, and 28 Nosler.

Pricing:

Model 52 LR Excalibur (MSRP) $2755.00

Model 52 LR Jackson Hunter ( MSRP) $2755.00

We have attached a few photos of the new rifle. Shown with optional Bipod and fluted bolt. Scopes not available.

Model 52 Action
Overall Length 47.5”
Overall Weight 9.6 LBS. (bare rifle)
The overall length magazine will accept 3.66”
Wilson Arms Premium match grade lead lapped barrels 1.18X.750”X26” contoured barrel 27 ¼” with new Cooper designed muzzle break. The idea behind the new muzzle break is to divert the gasses in a funnel like motion to minimize influence on the trajectory of the bullet, as opposed to gas ports in a straight line.
.625 diameter recoil for increased action stiffness upon recoil
Trigger pull 2.5 LBS. Cooper Trigger single stage adjustable from 4- 1.5 LBS
Barrel length 27 ¼”
Cooper 2 position safety
Side bolt stop
½ “ MOA Guarantee
Stocks are HS Precision w/ aluminum bedding blocks and the barreled actions are glass bedded. You can choose from 16 Colors and in 2 different stock styles. The XLR (Excalibur long range stock) or the JLR (Jackson Hunter long range stock) The Excalibur will come standard with straight fluted barrel (blued) and spiral fluted bolt (blued). The Jackson Hunter long range will be standard blued action and stainless barrel with no fluting.
Length of pull 13 ¾”
Our Raptor style bolt handle and bolt shroud
Ken Farrell 10 MOA picatinney rail
2 standard sling studs
Available calibers- 6.5x284,280AI, 7mm REM MAG, 7MM STW, 300 Win Mag, 338WIN MAG, 7mm RUM, 300 RUM, 338 Lapua, 26 Nosler, 28 Nosler.

OPTIONS
Cerakoting
Harris 9-13” Bipod
Stainless action
Fluted barrel/Fluted bolt (On Jackson Long Range)

TimeOnTarget

Lil-Rokslider
Anyone heard anything more on these rifles? When will they be available? They dont even seem to be on the website yet???

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Hi, the rifles are shipping. I just contacted Cooper and received this email right back:

To: Robby Denning <[email protected]>

The LR guns are available now,
they have been shipping to the dealers, who placed orders, for about
one month now. We do not have them on the website yet, but would be
happy to email some pictures and technical information to anyone who
is interested.

> Sincerely, Cooper Firearms
you can email them at [email protected]

Also, our own Long Range Editor Sam Millard just tested the LR. I have his article and it will post early next week.