Camp Month: Hilleberg Nallo 3GT

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Rokslide sponsor 1-Shot Gear sent me my first Hilleberg Tent to use and review this last fall. I’ve wanted a Hilleberg for 25 years and jumped at the chance to review the tent. After spending nearly a dozen nights in the shelter, I was not disappointed. You can read the entire review here:

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/sleep-systems/333-hilleberg-nallo-3gt

If you’re in the market for a Hilleberg, give the guys at 1-Shot a click or call and tell them you're from Rokslide.

You’ll get their best pricing and they are very knowledgeable about the entire Hilleberg line.

You can find 1-Shot here:

https://1shotgear.com/

Last edited:

charvey9

WKR
Great review. Also been wanting a Hilleberg for awhile now and couldn't resist any longer after all the positive info I've read on here.

Let me just emphasize that you will not regret giving the guys at One Shot a call and telling them you are from Rokslide. Got a new Enan coming my way.

One thing not discussed in the review but easily seen in the video is the wonderful bathtub bottom on the Nallo. I've got the Nallo3 and its main use over the last three years is camping on rainforest rivers during spring steelhead season. Just a couple of weekends ago it rained 2"s in two nights. Several times I've returned from a day fishing to find my tent sitting in a great big 'ol puddle. Everything inside, including my down sleeping bag, has always been bone dry. And even when sharing the tent with a soaking wet spanial (she gets really excited when I'm erecting the tent in a monsoon as she knows she's finally going to get out of the rain) the condensation has been tolerable so the Nallo also vents really well!

Great review and a great tent!

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
charvey, thanks for letting everyone know about 1-Shot; they treat Rokslider's very well.

Broodbuster, thanks for the update on the bathtub bottom. I didn't have enough rain to say much about it so I left it out. Good to hear it's been tested in 2" of rain! That's what's great about Rokslide, always someone out there with experience with gear. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Aggie, I missed this post. Depends on the hunt. The Nallo in the September to mid-October time frame when a woodburner wasn't needed, but for sure the tipi once the sub-freezing and big snows hit.

Voyageur

WKR
Old thread, I know. I am wondering @robby denning if you have an opinion on whether or not the GT model extended vestibule is necessary for a single person using the Naldo 3 on two week drop type hunts, think moose or caribou in a wilderness setting. Thanks

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Old thread, I know. I am wondering @robby denning if you have an opinion on whether or not the GT model extended vestibule is necessary for a single person using the Naldo 3 on two week drop type hunts, think moose or caribou in a wilderness setting. Thanks
I ran that tent for a full season and I love that vestibule. It was a little overkill, but man if the weather set in, you could pull everything up inside of it with room to spare. I would recommend it unless the extra weight or bulk just won’t allow it.