Tape issues with MBG Ascent 5 pin

So I custom order the sight from Steve at s and s archery and followed the videos of setting up for the tape. So first I set up all the pins with the slider at zero then I went to use the slider doing the 20-60 using the dial for finding the correct sight tape well I didn't have enough on the slider to go up to use my 3rd pin for the 20 yard mark (as explained in steves video).

Was just wondering how I could mitigate this issue because I'm completely stumped will probably end up calling steve tomorrow

OR Archer

WKR
You should of had more than enough travel in the sight to do it with his method. If you had the 3rd pin set at forty your travel should of been only about a 1/4" up with decent arrow speed.

I'm going to guess that you had the sight "zeroed" out the whole time you were sighting in your pins correct? If not you should leave it "zeroed" out and just use the windage and elevation gang adjustments for sighting in the pins.

If you did it as I described and you are bottomed out on the elevation portion you may have to low of a peep height.

What's your bow set up?

Make sure you didn't go too far up trying to get your 3rd pin on at 20. I initially just cranked my sight up and couldn't figure out why I was hitting low. So I came down closer to my "zero" spot and then I was able to get my floater pin on.

I set my head up about as far as it would go and left my dialer in the middle of its adjustment window. Sighted in 20-50 (4 pin is what i use) then use my bottom pin as my floater. This allowed me the adjustment from 20-100 with my floater pin. Clear as mud? i took a piece of white electrical tape and stuck it where the sight tape goes then made marks as i checked my pin out to 100. I took the sight tape that matches my electrical tape marks and rechecked. Worked out good for me.

OP
cali_hornhunter
You should of had more than enough travel in the sight to do it with his method. If you had the 3rd pin set at forty your travel should of been only about a 1/4" up with decent arrow speed.

I'm going to guess that you had the sight "zeroed" out the whole time you were sighting in your pins correct? If not you should leave it "zeroed" out and just use the windage and elevation gang adjustments for sighting in the pins.

If you did it as I described and you are bottomed out on the elevation portion you may have to low of a peep height.

Yes I had it "zeroed" while sighting it in and I'm shooting an elite energy 32 26.5" draw length and the sight is mounted on a 4" dovetail
What's your bow set up?[/QUOTE]

I set my head up about as far as it would go and left my dialer in the middle of its adjustment window. Sighted in 20-50 (4 pin is what i use) then use my bottom pin as my floater. This allowed me the adjustment from 20-100 with my floater pin. Clear as mud? i took a piece of white electrical tape and stuck it where the sight tape goes then made marks as i checked my pin out to 100. I took the sight tape that matches my electrical tape marks and rechecked. Worked out good for me.

This right here ^^ , and id add start sighting in by putting your sixty pin/ floating pin close to your level and use the sight head housing to make elevation adj so you wont have fletching contact on your housing when you slide down to shoot long range distances . The tapes they sent were not accurate when i tried to use them

I found the tape for 273.5 to be close but not exact so I had to make another custom one. I am going to usethe white electric tape method with a black ball point ot try my TAPS program pnce I get all the measurements down. THere is also an APP that you can use with your phone that is supposed to be really accurate. Its $10 though.