2015 Turkey Meatpole

hobbes

WKR
We stopped in KS on our way back to MT. This was our first time hunting in KS. My oldest and I both had tags. We killed two birds in two days hunting WIHA's. My son was up first and this bird came in gobbling after we finally got on the right side of the river.

The second KS bird was mine, killed the following day after it rained 1.5" the previous evening.

I would have like to have stayed and tried for our second KS birds, but the weather was looking worse and the wife, kids, and dogs had all the hotel they wanted. Isaac almost ended up with his second bird, but the companion to my bird took flight too quickly instead of running.

We got back to MT on Wednesday. This morning (Friday) my youngest and I got out to try and fill his limited permit here in MT. My son layed out this tom when he strutted in to 20 yards behind a hen. His second turkey was a great mountain bird. He weighed 18#, had an 8.5" beard, and had sharply hooked 1 1/4" spurs. His first two birds were both studs in my book.

A true limbhanger!

TheHardWay

Lil-Rokslider
My wife's first gobbler. Taken last last evening after I called him in to 23 yds. Wish I had it on video because he put on a good show for us.

Colorado turkeys

Great turkeys everyone and congrats ! Opening weekend here in Colorado was a very good one for us this. My youngest son started it off opening morning with this great bird.

Then it was my wife that afternoon.

Then the next morning dad and I tagged teamed some tom's with me shoting the wrong one and killing a jake and then him shooting one of the big ones on top of mine while it was dying.

Quinton

Last edited:

Tauntohawk

Lil-Rokslider
Nocked down 4 birds this year, 3 of which were public land gobblers. Bird number 4 was a rare double spurred birdImageUploadedByTapatalk1433474545.582339.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433474569.741685.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433474593.064592.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433474604.281634.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1433474613.501569.jpg

AMann

FNG
A little late to the party but just got my camera back from my buddy so thought I'd share... Took my No Co bird on the second day of the season. Found the birds an hour after sunrise and watched them work towards us for the next two hours. Never made a call or heard one of the five toms gobble but they sure did put on a show.

Let the hens a jake and a smaller tom pass. This guy didn't get to pass.

I got him at 1005. It took an hour to get him in and I could see him strutting and gobbling for about 45 minutes of that . He came in dead to my right with a hen. Finally she decided to walk right past me in front and he followed.

My cousin killed his bird about 10 minutes after me but in a totally different spot. he had 2 jakes come in and he took the closer of the 2.

hobbes

WKR
In addition to the previous birds posted, I finished off the spring season with this Montana tom. I'm pretty sure this is the same bird that gave Isaac and I the slip on the second weekend. He wasn't so lucky during our next meeting.

P1130379_zpstp8kuqft.jpg