HUGE RAM - get your permits in reminder

This huge ram came from over by Anaconda Montana several years ago. The gentleman holding the head is the person who took this gorgeous sheep! He is 49 1/2" long on the long side and 46" on the short side! I love the way he flares out.

This view just takes my breath away!

For comparison sake, here is a ram my friend took several years ago on Upper Rock Creek Montana that went 40 1/2" on the long horn. He is a very beautiful ram but that first one dwarfs him! I hope this gets everyone's blood going and a reminder to get your permits in! The second ram was taken with a Ruger 1B in 6mm Remington shooting a 100 gr. Nosler Partition. Shot was about 150 yards.

tstowater

WKR
Classified Approved
First guy should be smiling. Both rams are great.

Already in for the draw. So many options, so unlikely to draw. Forgot that Montana did jack the non-resident application fees last year. Yicks!

OP
6mm Remington
He's so close to 50 inches long!! My understanding is the only sheep known to ever go over 50 inches on one or both sides is the Stone Sheep that a gentleman by the last name of Chadwick took a long time ago and is the #1 Stone Sheep. I have to agree, that upper ram is something else.

dieNqvrs

Lil-Rokslider
When I drew my tag in 2004 I tracked that Ram down and went to his house and laid eyes on it, to learn what big was. There were summer pictures of his ram with its right horn longer than the. 49" inch left. Could of been 50+" at one point. When the hole in the middle of the horn is bigger than a volley ball and over full curl it is big! Beautiful sheep!

Mcfar

FNG
Just an update on this unit. This ram came from unit 213. It had a severe die off in the past 4 years and is a shadow of it's former self. I used to watch herds of 40-50 rams in the spring in one area. I haven't found a single ram there the past 3 years. Another part of the unit I saw 19 rams earlier this spring, a couple nice rams, but nothing approaching Mr. Kish's ram. They closed the season for awhile and I believe it just opened again last year with a couple permits. I think that's one of the most awesome rams I've ever seen! Montana is getting hit pretty hard with the pneumonia outbreaks. I just hope I draw a tag in the Breaks before it gets there. I have enough bonus points I'm up to a .85% chance of drawing this year