New guy from ND

Hey guys, my name is Blake and I'm 28 years old and from Minot, ND. I've been a member on a few other forums for a while and this one seems like a great one to be a part of as well! I enjoy solo backpack archery hunts but also love hunting with my dad and a few other buddys. Elk hunting is my favorite with mule deer being a close 2nd. I've hunted ND, MT, WY, and SD. I have been building points for deer, elk, and antelope for years now and I'm really looking forward to exploring more places throughout the west. I grew up hunting the badlands of ND religiously and that really fueled my obsession. I'm very passionate with photography and exploring the outdoors. I love the challenge of hunting BIG, beautiful country and trying to fill the freezer with a mature animal. Studying maps, draw odds, google earth, and the application process is almost just as fun as the actual hunt for me. I train to hunt year round and practice with my equipment as much as possible. I am definitely a DIY public land guy and couldn't imagine hunting any other way! I'm looking forward to reading stories/tips/reviews and sharing hunts of my own. Good luck to all in 2015!!

Cheers,

Blake

machinethomas

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome. I'm a Utah guy but spent a week in Minot with the flood clean up two years ago. I'm fairly new here too but it's a good source for info and an even better time killer.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome Blake. I've always ment to spend some time in North Dakota but other than driving through haven't fulfilled that dream yet

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
Welcome From Tioga. Maybe we could get together and do some shooting. Lots of good info and people on this site

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Good to meet you Blake. You look like a perfect match for Rokslide. Would love to see some of your pics

slick

WKR
Hey Blake, born and raised in Minot.. But have since moved west. Welcome to rokslide, there's a wealth of knowledge here. Hope the magic city is treating you well with all of the development.