ID/WY new guy

mntnguide

WKR
Hey all,
Never really been on Rokslide until the past few weeks..Im active on a few other forums so some might recognize my name or my pictures. Really like what i see on here, so would like to introduce myself. .
I have spent the past 8 years as a wilderness horseback elk guide in Idaho and Wyoming. Really love packing horses and mules and getting deep into the hills. I am currently in the midst of changing my career to becoming an electrical Lineman. Heading to a trade school this summer here in Idaho, then hoping to find work in the west afterwards. Though im going to miss spending all fall chasing elk, I am looking forward to focusing on my own hunts and my own tags for the first time in nearly a decade. Born and raised in central Idaho mountains, and had been living in Jackson, wy area the past 5 years. Look forward to trying to contribute whenever i can and be a member of the forum here.

Attachments

• String.jpg
    String.jpg
    104.6 KB · Views: 43
  • My bull.jpg
    My bull.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 45
  • Pack String 1.jpg
    Pack String 1.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 43

Beastmode

WKR
Welcome to rokslide! I am a journeyman lineman. Don't think you are giving up hunting. There are plenty of us that take tons of time off every year. You just have to be smart with your money. I went to NLC in 2005. Feel free to call me with any questions you have 7074863672.

OP
mntnguide

mntnguide

WKR
I sure appreciate that! I may give you a shout in the time to come once i get going at NLC just to pick you brain on how you went about your apprenticeship and getting a job right out of school. Thanks for the offer!

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome and I loved the pics! Feel free to share all those you want. We need more horse/mule guys on Rokslide.

Thanks and good to meet you.