Review: Berger 1st Edition Reload Manual (win one of three!) by Matt Cashell

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

It's Weapons Month on Rokslide! A whole month of focus on everything-weapons.

One of the most important variables in accuracy and terminal performance of a rifle is the bullet it is shooting. That is why not long after Rokslide started, we reached out to Berger Bullets. They make extremely accurate high performance bullets. However, you need the data behind the bullets to get the most performance and no better place for that information than in Berger's own Reloading Manual.

Matt Cashell, Rokslide prostaffer, recently sent me a review on Berger's 1st Edition of their Reloading Manual. Berger also offered up THREE manuals for giveaway here exclusive to Rokslide members.

Here are the rules:

1) Read Matt's review here: http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/firearms/345-review-berger-reloading-manual

2) Head on over to Berger's Facebook page and find the post on the review.
a."Like" that post (that is how I see that you've entered) and go ahead and "Like" Berger's page while you're at it.
b. Post in the Facebook comments what your favorite Berger Bullet is (Mine is the Hunter Classic 168 7mm)
c.You can link here: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berger-Bullets/136627954711?fref=ts

3) Check this post on or about May 18th to see if you won.

Feel free to post up here any experience you've had with Berger Bullets.

I'll start with the first post on terminal performance on my Idaho mule deer last fall that was pushing 300 lbs.

Berger Hunter Classic 7mm 168 grain in front of 63 grains Reloader 22; shot distance 420 yards, buck was bedded quartering toward me; complete penetration.
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Last edited:
Left bull 410 yards dropped dead, Center bull 420 yards dropped dead, right bull three shoots 312 yards was dead on his feet, bottom right bull 340 yards dropped dead. All with a 7mm mag, 168 berger vld.

5ABEF254-EA71-4A1D-8FD3-5CA30CEF4197_zpsievyqu5h.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Lil-Rokslider
I haven't hunted with Berger bullets yet but my boys gave me a 338 RUM for christmas. I will be using the 300 gr Bergers out of it this hunting season if I can get a good load worked up. It should be a beast and great for moose/grizzly.

I got the manual last year shortly after it came out and really loved the intro and the stories about berger company history. The load info is great. Thanks for the review guys.

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Weapons Month is rolling on Rokslide. As promised, it's May 18th and I've drawn for the winners of the Berger Bullet Reloading Manual.

Following the rules set forth in post #1, I drew from the eligible entries on Berger's FB page https://www.facebook.com/pages/Berger-Bullets/136627954711?fref=ts

scroll down to the May 4th post if you want to see the eligible entries and link to the review on the Berger Manual by Rokslide prostaff member, Matt Cashell.

Here are the three winners:

1) Jamey Gilladette
2) Dustin Hover
3) Kristin Rivinius

to claim your manual, email me at [email protected]. I'll confirm your entry and hook you up with Berger Bullet, the maker of high-performance rifle bullets.

Thanks everyone who entered and thanks Berger Bullet! If anyone is in need of a great reloading manual packed with good information on shooting Berger, give their new Berger Reloading Manual a try. Learn more at
http://www.bergerbullets.com/products/loading-manual/

Last edited:
Thanks Robby. I appreciate all the work you Ryan and Aron put into this site to make this type of offer available and the great information offered on Rokslide.