What is your Go-to Archery Day Pack?

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
This will be my first year chasing elk with a bow. I have been fairly successful with a muzzle loader, and am looking to take the next step in getting close and increasing the challenge. The question I am posing to the crowd is, what pack do you prefer for day hunts? I have a SG for my long pack hunts, but most of my days this year will be spent booting in before light and coming out at dark. Just the way it'll work in the area I hunt. SO, how and why do you like your day pack? I will be looking for something that has quick access to a range finder, can carry enough water and food for me to survive the day, along with my basic kill kit and survival items, maybe my quiver, or bow attachment points for when I am hoofing it. Just seeing what options are out there and what works for the crowd.

Thanks!
Rian

Trial153

WKR
I assume you not using it to pack out meat...if so sounds like a SItka Ascent 14 would fit the bill nicely ...

OR Archer

WKR
I use my Kifaru DT2 for everything. Packing in for multiple days or just a quick morning hunt. No need for multiple packs. It does it all.

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
Ive got the SG sky archer 6200 and i use it for everything. can compress down small enough its about flat on the back.

G Posik

WKR
If you have the SG already why not just get the Approach or Serac bag? I use the approach with the meat shelf as my day hunt pack. Even when I pack in for extended days I take the approach bag with me.

Glenn

Kifaru duplex with highcamp 7k or outdoorsmans. Sometimes I take the outdoorsmans due to the pockets and what I will be hunting. If it's deer and I need the spotter it is the outdoorsmans, if it's elk and I just need my tripod I take my duplex.

charvey9

WKR
I use my Stone Glacier Sky 7400 for everything. In bivy mode it is about 5000cu, but compresses down to nothing. Only weighs about 4.25lbs empty, so no need for a smaller day pack. I never feel like I have too much pack. Once I got the SG, I sold all my other packs.

hunting1

WKR
Not sext but the Badlands 2200 is always a good option! The Horn Hunter as well. Kifaru Late Season or the Timberlines are great, I'm not a duplex fan. I really would like to try the EXO packs. MR Nice frame is bomb proof and very reliable but heavy. It is a great day for hunters and packs!

Elk Dog

FNG
Blacks Creek Canadian will hold all my daily gear & pack out the first load of elk or even an entire deer.

I'll cinch up the emr2 on the duplex, throw the cargo panel w/a couple of pouches attached on the duplex, or use the Late Season. Just depends on what I plan to do.

OP
shootnrun

shootnrun

Lil-Rokslider
I have not played with my SG enough to see what it can do for a day pack. Seeing how many of you use full size packs, I will probably give my sky a go. My only real concern is the noise of the bag, and the execs straps on the pack. They are great for modularity of the pack, but it is a lot hanging off if you are try I g to sneak in brushy stuff. But i will see about breaking it down to what I need.

Blacks Creek Western for me. I love the fact that it has a rifle and bow carriers that I can use for different needs. It gives me plenty of room for the gear, food and water for the day and can take light loads of meat (choice cuts, front quarters of deer/antelope). I'm sure there are better overall packs but for the cost and function this one works for me.

I have used the Badlands Ultra Day Pack and Sacrifice packs in the past. They worked Ok but are a little heavy. The Sacrifice has an internal frame which is nice and I did like the Sacrifice better. I am now using a Kuiu Ultra 1800 day pack and it works very well. I run an extra side pouch on the left side and my Springfield XDs 45 holster clips into the waist belt on the right side. I also strap my hip quiver onto the right side of the pack, hanging low enough that I can reach backwards with my right hand to access an arrow if needed. Very light and quiet setup.

Mike

LaGriz

WKR
View attachment 25574
My Ole Friend,
My Pack Idaho FTO is the same as the Bison pack in the picture. After 15 years it's getting "thread bare" in places and I may get Bison Gear to mend it. The pack is dead quiet in the pendleton outfitter camo with a single detachable pocket. A waterproof expandable section can be used if needed for extra gear or to take out a very light load (no frame) of meat. I like the open back for ventilation and clearance ducking under branches. The pack has held up well since I purchased it in 1997 for around $170. They now retail for nearly $270. View attachment 25575 I would opt for the Lost River model with the larger main compartment and the same expanable feature. I only wish these still came in the Pendleton or Predator Wool camo colors. I found a cherry KOM wool lumbar pack incase my go-to pack "gives up the ghost".View attachment 25576 Well made, quiet, and non-expandable I'm going to experiment at adapting this pack to my Horn Hunter Full Curl frame. This along with a light weight duffel might give me a spike camp friendly combination for that style of hunting. This would be be my "go in light - come out heavy" solution. Can't beat the wool construction for quite-durabilty. Expensive initally, but worth it IMHO.

LaGriz

jgeary338

Lil-Rokslider
I went to a craft store and got some velcro and can wrap up the excess straps with it.