Review: 20 MOA Picatinny Rail, by Justin Crossley

I had one of these (Rem 700 version) for a couple of months and had some problems with it.

1. If you have older eyes and have trouble seeing up close, the level will be a blur.

2. If you use low rings and or a short scope, the power adjuster ring will interfere with the bubble unless you move the scope back to avoid it.

3. I had a bolt on level (on the rail) at the time and the two didn't agree what level was. At the time I did not have another means of leveling the rifle so I don't know which one was right.

Who built your tikka? I'm getting ready to purchase a t3 and I'm sure I'll need some fancy fixins for it. Also Is that a bell and Carlson stock? Your rifle is a pretty sweet looking rig.

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
Sorry it took so long for me to reply to your questions guys. I've been gone for a few days, bear hunting.

I had one of these (Rem 700 version) for a couple of months and had some problems with it.

1. If you have older eyes and have trouble seeing up close, the level will be a blur.

2. If you use low rings and or a short scope, the power adjuster ring will interfere with the bubble unless you move the scope back to avoid it.

3. I had a bolt on level (on the rail) at the time and the two didn't agree what level was. At the time I did not have another means of leveling the rifle so I don't know which one was right.

1. I'm not sure what you could do about the blur, other than wear glasses or contacts. Bummer it doesn't work for your eyes.

2. I have this level on two Tikkas of my own, and also installed it on a Weatherby that I'm setting up for my cousin. None of the three scopes had any interference issues with the rail. Sounds like you would need to go to different height rings to get the clearance needed for your particular scope.

3. It would stand to reason that a level built into the rail would be more accurate than one clamped onto the rail. Either way though, as long as your scope travels plumb with what the level says, you will not have windage errors due to a canted rifle.

Who built your tikka? I'm getting ready to purchase a t3 and I'm sure I'll need some fancy fixins for it. Also Is that a bell and Carlson stock? Your rifle is a pretty sweet looking rig.

Thank you. Al Seaman built this rifle for me. The stock is from Pendleton stocks in Oregon.