Phone Skope

So I bought the Phone skope setup for the iphone 6. Here is somewhat of my thoughts on the product. I actually think the product is great. Attaching and detaching is as easy as it gets, it stays on my scope with very little wiggle(Vortex Razor 16-48), The actual case for the phone holds my iphone with little worry that there is a chance it would fall out.. Now to the Manufacturing... I paid $78 for the setup and really expected maybe some sort of anodized aluminum or metal setup(my fault for not knowing in advance, I didnt bother to read what it was made out of). For $80 though, I really expected something far more durable that would last in the harsh environments most of hunt.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Abs plastic is the standard for phone accessories. I myself wouldn't worry about it holding up. I haven't seen any reports of it happening. Please update as you test it out this season

OP
D
Ill be backpacking in about 15mi on July 17th for my first scouting trip of the year and i will post how it does then.

eltaco

WKR
It'll hold up just fine. As added bonuses, it's lighter than aluminum and waterproof!

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I asked them about that a while ago, they tried aluminum and it killed the cell service which makes sense why all covers are made of plastic. The Phoneskope is made out of nylon reinforced ABS. Also, metal expands and contracts with heat more than ABS.

One thing to note is phoneskope has a lifetime warrantee. I know that doesn't do you good 15 miles in but it gives you confidence in its durability. Fwiw I have had one since they came out and have had 0 troubles.

venado_hunter

Lil-Rokslider
Last year I had bought a phoneskope for my Iphone 5/ Swaro Spotter. After about a month he case cracked on me. I was leaving for a hunting trip in a few days and called phoneskope. They sounded concerned as they said the cases never break. They asked me to send them a pic of the case via email. 20 minutes later they shipped me out a replacement. They shipped it out before I had even sent back the replacement. Got it in 2 days. Great CS. Inusef it all year and Ive never had anymore issues. I recently upgraded to an I6. I need to get a new case for the adapter.

They now have the iPhone 6 with life proof case holder out. I picked one up and it works well. I just never could get into the other cases because my phone has a lifespan of a few minutes outside of a life proof.

Freedom--- What spotter do you have your phone on? I have an iphone 6 w/ lifeproof case and I was concerned about the quality of image from shooting through the case, through the adaptor to the lens on the spotter.

I have a 16-48x65 straight Razor HD.

Freedom--- What spotter do you have your phone on? I have an iphone 6 w/ lifeproof case and I was concerned about the quality of image from shooting through the case, through the adaptor to the lens on the spotter.

I have a 16-48x65 straight Razor HD.

I have a Leupold GR 20-60x80. I tried it out in the mountains this past week and it worked well. You do have to get the angle adjusted right that it attaches to the spotter and the zoom on the phone to get it right but it did work well. I have the bluetooth shudder closer but you can do the same thing with the 3 second timer function on the camera screen of the phone. I'll see if I can post some pics.

Bighorse

WKR
87f3d5642e929db93e53f3e977d53698.jpg
90ba0f598a1ad61b4245222770c5f43a.jpg

Here's a few Phone Skope/ iPhone 6 on a Swaro pics

jack88

Lil-Rokslider
Bought one a few weeks ago and works great BUT took it sheep hunting and the case is already cracked. The plastic is NOT durable, its actually cheap and flimsy and not designed to leave your truck.

For what I paid for it I cant say I'm impressed but when you are the only show in town...

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Bought one a few weeks ago and works great BUT took it sheep hunting and the case is already cracked. The plastic is NOT durable, its actually cheap and flimsy and not designed to leave your truck.

For what I paid for it I cant say I'm impressed but when you are the only show in town...
Did you contact them? I've had great customer service from them.

HookUp

WKR
Swarovski makes an iphone 6 adapter thats sells for $179, I think I'll give phone scope a chance