Help! I have a new Garmin 62sc and Hunting GPS Maps Topo

OP
Brandon Pattison
Nope. It has "Send List To Device" and when I do I cannot click on the mapping option. The only other one is for BirdsEyeView which I don't want.

OP
Brandon Pattison
It seems the intel online has been different than what I had to do, including install. I haven't found where to paste my unlock code and I remember reading to NOT do online.

Curtis C

WKR
I just installed basecamp, it looks quite different than Mapsource.

Did you already authorize the Plat map to use with this new GPS or an older one?

Did Basecamp recognize your GPS?

Do You have the Garmin communicator installed?

I just followed the instructions in the basecamp help section and it seems to be loading BLM maps just fine.

I do suggest following Hunting GPSMaps instruction for authorizing. I did and it worked for me. I think the garmin instructions are different and may create problems

basecamp help.jpg

Last edited:

wapitibob

WKR
basecamp will start another program to install the maps to your handheld or sd card. Huntinggps should have a bunch of videos showing step by step how top do it.

OP
Brandon Pattison
There is no ALL DATA. I do not have an SD card in the GPS which is how the instructions lead you. My GPS has 3.5G internal memory, more than enough for internal storage. I am going to call them today when I get home and get help.

I just installed basecamp, it looks quite different than Mapsource.

Did you already authorize the Plat map to use with this new GPS or an older one?

Did Basecamp recognize your GPS?

Do You have the Garmin communicator installed?

I just followed the instructions in the basecamp help section and it seems to be loading BLM maps just fine.

I do suggest following Hunting GPSMaps instruction for authorizing. I did and it worked for me. I think the garmin instructions are different and may create problems

View attachment 2765

sk1

WKR
I wish i knew what was going on for you....but on the bright side i own the 62sc with huntinggpsmap loaded just fine. So at least you know it should work well once you get it figured out, and mine is also loaded on the hard drive

MOHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I have a Mac as well and was able to get the Hunting GPS maps on to my Garmin Oregon 450t. This was about a year ago and it was a bit of a process. I honestly can't remember the steps. Don't be afraid to contact Hunting GPS maps, and Garmin as well. I do know I had to use these instructions to convert the maps at one point.

http://http://www8.garmin.com/manuals/MapSource_MigratingGarminMapProductsfromWindowstoMacComputers.pdf

Also, I was using someone else's PC to get it downloaded and then I had to convert the file for my Mac. If you don't have access to a PC it may be different. Basecamp looks quite different on the Mac than the PC, so most of the videos aren't quite right for you. The good news is it can be done, just remember that patience is a virtue. I'll try to think through the process tonight and see if I can't help a little more.

Goober

Lil-Rokslider
I was just looking over my new hunting GPS map for CO on my Garmin 62s. Love the maps, and I have to say huntinggpsmaps customer service was great. I had some issues getting it to load onto basecamp, called them up and they had me squared away in about a minute. Problem was my lack of tech savvy. But they are great!