Go Pro Hero 3 with Phone Skope on Swaro

Bighorse

WKR
I just ordered this combo. Are any of you willing to share a few of those pics here? If so some advice in regards to FOV and resolution would be appreciated. I've got the LCD back screen and the waterproof housing and will be using it atop a Swaro 80. So please clarify which scope your using as thats for sure to influene the resulting image.

I wanted to get the phone skope for the Iphone 6plus in the Lifeproof Nuude case but thats still in development. I had a GoPro kicking around so thats going to have to work. Just curious is all.......

Is it a stable system?

I know the GoPro LCD burns through batteries. So for backcountry use it wasn't my first choice.

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Big horse I've used the universal skope kit and the Velcro holds incredibly well although not as convenient nor totally removable. My next skope will be a fitted one as the velcro look bothered me for some reason. Just something to think about if your go pro doesn't work as well as you hoped.

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
I have an adapter for a gopro, it's nice and works best with narrow fov. Honestly though I don't ever use it. I feel the camera on my iPhone 6+ is superior and I made a case for it along with the universal adapter.
c81d264a474a4821ea24b397df0942d8.jpg

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
I don't undstand how that otter box works with your iPhone 6 plus. It appears that's a centered camera when the iPhone 6plus is offset. I'm running an life proof box and hunt the rainforest and am unwilling to take it afield without that protection. I'm also going to be running the GoPro in the waterproof box.
Thanks for the contribution!

Still looking for actual pics please! 😀

Travis Bertrand

Super Moderator
Staff member
No. It the hard plastic from otter box commuter I just swap the plastic shells out when I'm in the mountains.

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
I got the setup a yesterday. The pic FOV is poor at this point. I don't have a narrow FOV option for my pics. I'm going to look into a software upgrade from the GoPro website and see if that adds that option. Without the Narrow FOV the pics are heavily vinetted (sp?). I do have narrow in the video mode and the FOV is good. It sets stable on my strait spotter and using the LCD monitor makes sharing imaging with your hunting partner feasible.

Stand by as I work out the PIC FOV issue

Colberjs

WKR
Let us know what yo come up with. I held mine up to my spotter last night and had the same issue. And what did show up was was he don't with light. I didn't try it on video.

OP
Bighorse

Bighorse

WKR
Thx.... Those images mimic my initial experience in regards to FOV. Upgrading the software isn't super easy so I'll need to find some time to complete that errand.