KUIU Teton Collection

Status
Not open for further replies.

WKR
Interesting... Lower cost Kuiu, wondering how they will approach this without devaluing their "premium" offerings in the process. Different camo? Different materials? More basic cuts, less features?

From KUIU:

“Over the last few years I have met many hunters in our showroom, at the trade shows, or in the field, who would love to experience KUIU but were looking for a lower cost option to our premium products. Every hunter should be able to wear great gear that performs well. It was these interactions that inspired me to create the new Teton collection.”

I doubt that it will be different camo unless they plan on offering just solids. Camo is camo cost wise unless you are paying royalties. My guess will be simpler and more common fabrics. Less stretchy materials, simple non-stretch soft shells and fleece. Features like pit-zips, waterproof/resistant zippers and taped seams may be left out.

ChrisS

WKR
If you search kuiu Teton you can find the summer catalogue that shows the prices and weights. (...and the link is now dead.)

It's all supposed to be toray fabrics in verde or vias. They can clean up if this stuff is any good. Provided it's ever in stock to order.

Last edited:

mauidiver

WKR
^^^ pretty sure your about right. Maybe in the line of Underarmor shirts, Nike, etc. also saw this on the note...

Join KUIU Founder Jason Hairston LIVE as he takes your questions and reveals details regarding the new Teton collection.The Teton collection is an eight piece skin-to-shell layering system, utilizing Toray's Sport Division fabrics, that rivals the quality and performance of our competition at half the price. Compare Teton head to head with any retail-based hunting product on the market today and I'm confident you will truly see the superior value and quality our consumer-direct model can produce. Amazing technical hunting apparel at a price point anyone can afford

Great find FlyRodder! Looks to be some good stuff at good prices. Probably going to have a hard time getting a hold of it like the rest of their stuff, but hopefully more choices may help availability of some of their other products.

I do not want this comment to turn this thread into a KUIU bash - I wear a lot of there gear in all transparency .

But Christ sake, can they stop introducing new stuff and get stock of what they already have?

I do not want this comment to turn this thread into a KUIU bash - I wear a lot of there gear in all transparency .

But Christ sake, can they stop introducing new stuff and get stock of what they already have?

While I agree, this may alleviate the problem even though it may not look like it. Adding more products probably coming from different factories will spread out the demand a bit and make it a little easier to keep up. They seem to have gotten better at keeping up with at least the higher end items with fairly short backorder times from what I've heard except for high demand items like the Attack pants. Also, to be fair other manufacturers (FL and Sitka specifically) are just starting to roll their stuff out in more of a true seasonal business model whereas Kuiu actually produces and sells stuff throughout the year. Jason keeps saying that it is a seasonal business and it is, but people do have hunting trips year-round and some customers like to stock up in the spring and dial in their gear all summer and Kuiu may be starting to realize that it can be a year-round business.

b456445a954952a7df4bb97693ad3989.jpg

1f914cf911d501037b3d8a18cf4f2caa.jpg

Blended lightweight, moisture-wicking fabric dries quickly, ideal alone or under layers on cooler hunts. Long sleeves protect against the elements; mid-weight shirt features ½ zip for added ventilation and heat release.
Teton SS Crew-TM - XXL5.5 oz$34.99Vias | Verde
Teton LS Crew-TM - XXL7.1 oz$44.99Vias | Verde
Teton Zip-TM - XXL11 oz$54.99Vias | Verde

Highly breathable and designed to layer below, layer on top, or wear alone during strenuous activity.
Teton Insulated JacketM - XXL11.7 oz$129.99Vias | Verde

The perfect fleece bonded outerwear jacket for when conditions are cold and the rain is holding off.
Teton Soft Shell JacketM - XXL16 oz$99.99Vias | Verde

An all-around woven twill pant designed for most hunting situations. Can be worn alone in warm weather, layer underneath for colder hunts.
Teton Stretch Woven PantM - XXL15 oz$89.99Vias | Verde

Extremely light 3-layer packable rain gear for those days the conditions decide to turn and the rain begins to come down.
Teton Rain JacketM - XXL8.1 oz$164.99Vias | Verde
Teton Rain PantM - XL5.9 oz$129.99Vias | Verde

Total Collection (all eight items) | 5 lbs | $749.92

bates

WKR
I would think that new rain gear is going to hurt the new ultra stuff

should be perfect for archery season

Yeah, i'm not sure why kuiu would compete with themselves. If the teton is an inferior product it will scare people away from spending the big money for the ultra kuiu line. And if it's a decent product, why would anyone spend twice the amount for the fancy kuiu.

ChrisS

WKR

That rain gear is super lightweight, so I can't imagine that it's more durable than the NX and there's probably no pockets or pit zips. If it's half as waterproof and breathable as the NX gear, that would be fine by me, I guess. I don't wear a rain shell 85% of the time I'm hunting - maybe even less, so it's super hard to justify dropping $300 on a rain coat (if a company wanted to give me one to field test, I'm more than willing).

dotman

WKR
If the pants fit like the attack pant this IMO will be their best valued item in the list. If the rain gear isn't durable that is pretty dang expensive stuff even if it weighs nothing. The puffy and poly tops really aren't anything special other then they are in kuiu camo but is priced well enough to match but I usually wear merino tops anyway.

I bet out of the entire line the pants sell out in hours and are the hardest item to get.

Kotaman

WKR
Available for preorder now, with delivery in fall of 2022...;)

Kidding aside, this line will fly off the shelves. Don't know how they will keep up with availability on this line.

DaveC

WKR
Looks like Kuiu is moving enough volume to bring camo down in line with mid-level outdoor gear pricing. The rain gear weight and pricing is in line with the better 2.5 layer PU stuff from the better outdoor companies.

Yeah, i'm not sure why kuiu would compete with themselves. If the teton is an inferior product it will scare people away from spending the big money for the ultra kuiu line. And if it's a decent product, why would anyone spend twice the amount for the fancy kuiu.

I think it will be an inferior product, but will be perfect for those of us that live in states where rain is more of a rare occurrence than a guarantee. I'd gladly save half price and sacrifice some features and durability because I won't be living in them like those of you in the Pacific NW and Alaska. I think the purpose of this line is for the once a year hunter who isn't going to be as demanding of his gear as guys who are doing very technical hunts and/or spending months out hunting per year or in very technical/difficult terrain. If you were someone who just hunts first rifle from a road-side base camp only using your gear 5 days a year, it is hard to justify spending significant money on stuff like the Ultra series; nor do you really need a merino layering system.

dotman

WKR
I think it will be an inferior product, but will be perfect for those of us that live in states where rain is more of a rare occurrence than a guarantee. I'd gladly save half price and sacrifice some features and durability because I won't be living in them like those of you in the Pacific NW and Alaska. I think the purpose of this line is for the once a year hunter who isn't going to be as demanding of his gear as guys who are doing very technical hunts and/or spending months out hunting per year or in very technical/difficult terrain. If you were someone who just hunts first rifle from a road-side base camp only using your gear 5 days a year, it is hard to justify spending significant money on stuff like the Ultra series; nor do you really need a merino layering system.

In using your same reasoning for not buying the more expensive line of rain gear, this is only for the rain gear. Why would you buy this at almost $300 when you can get cabelas space rain gear for almost half the price when it is on sale which is often? Is the added cost worth matching camo as the weight/packability of cabelas space rain gear is pretty much the gold standard for weighing nothing and occupying hardly any pack space.

I would be pissed if my $300 rain gear tore on the first snagged branch. Personally I would rather pay more for a heavier more durable rain gear set that I don't have to worry about shredding. But I'm purely assuming the Teton rain gear will not be durable, hard to believe it will be at that weight, I'm assuming it will tear as easily as the cabelas stuff.

Last edited:

bounds

WKR
On the rain gear issue, it's not a PU coated UL piece like the Cabela's space rain or the price point stuff from outdoor companies like Marmot or Patagonia. The catalog says it's a 3 layer set up. So while it's price point for Kuiu, it should be way more durable than anything like the above mentioned pieces.

Status
Not open for further replies.