beating a dead horse.... binocular harness

I'm sure this has been gone over multiple times. I just read a three page post about 5 pages back and have looked else where online. What is the top pick? Seems like FHF or Kuiu and the top dogs. Most people on the last post agreed the kuiu was the favorite. Have there been any new products introduced?

I really want to like the FHF but I think that big flap that folds back towards me would get old fast. The kuiu does not look as solid as fhf but the lid feature seems more user friendly. I pick up my glass pretty often and put it back pretty often. I'm not a sit in one spot for hours kind of hunter really. More of a mobile glasser. I do like the plain jane old bungee harness for the ease of access to glass but I am upgrading to swaro and really need a system. I always hunt with a day pack on so something low profile is ideal.

dotman

WKR
I've had the FHF for a few years and think people that complain about the flap being an issue just want to find a fault with the harness, it isn't an issue at all.

Take a look at the Alaskan Guide Creations (too big IMO but I haven't handled the compact version) and Oregon Pack Works Bino Bro Pro (Kuiu pretty much copied this one, except they removed the best part, very similar, OPW has been out for a long time).

Shrek

WKR
I love my FHF harness. Flap is no issue at all to me. I can run it one handed and if I'm just cruising around and don't need the binoculars held tight I tuck the flap inside the pouch . I have the rangefinder pouch and the gps pouch next to the binoculars and it works great. I haven't tried the Alaska Guide Creations harness.

eagle#eyes

Lil-Rokslider
I am in the same situation as you are elightfoot. Upgrading binos and want a little better protection. I actually spoke with Jaret from Alaskan Guide Creations today for about 30 minutes, he was great to deal with and I'll be giving 2 of his packs a try, the large and compact, as a primary archery hunter I am interested to see how they fit and if they affect anything while going to full draw. They do seem a little beefier in the pictures than the fhf and kuiu because they have more pockets. He had told me he is working on a few new things to go with harness system. It's worth giving him a call.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Ran just about all of them. For pure comfort its hard to beat the AGC!

Brock A

Super Moderator
Staff member
+1,, plus Jaret is a great guy. Been using AGC pure many years and my Swaro ELs 10x42 fit the regular size.
Also, AGC is going through a complete overhaul on the business end. It will be much easier to order here shortly.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Also, AGC is going through a complete overhaul on the business end. It will be much easier to order here shortly.

Yes they are Brock. They are also making a harness that I helped design, can't wait!

realunlucky

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yes also interested in perfect harness. Currently running modified kuiu before that ftf and the flap was an issue for me. Wish I could handle a bino bro pro. I'm hopeful Ryan and Alaskan hit a home run.

Ryan Avery

Admin
Staff member
Do tell Ryan? My Kuiu is just about wore out and I'd like to go another direction after this year. To much stuff falls into that pouch and stays stuck at the bottom.

Most here won't like it. Its more pockets for LR hunting. We should have them for sale soon. It also sounds like they have a new direction and new Ideas, should be great for the consumer.

I recently was in that market for a bino harness (like last week) and I had read a lot about AGC here, after looking at the different models I had a few questions. I gave Jaret a call to discuss the differences, after answering all my questions Jaret said he would just send me one of each model to try out, at no cost. They arrived very quickly and I was able to make a decision. I called Jaret to let him know which model I was going to go with, and I asked if he would mind if I showed a few guys his harnesses before sending them back, which he encouraged me to do. I've never had/handled any other high end bino harness, so I can't comment on them, but I can tell you after dealing with Jaret I won't ever need to. He has a great product and is even better to deal with.

Timberninja

Lil-Rokslider
I've had the fhf for a couple of years and really liked it, the flap didn't bother me and it rides really well. The one thing I was missing were some larger pockets. I reached out to Jared at AGC and he sent me 3 different models, the regular, regular with a bottom pocket and a new smaller one with a hook and loop closure. Similar to FHF, craftsmanship is awesome. After playing around with them, I've decided to go with the regular w bottom pocket, while it looks big in a pic, it doesn't ride big. Plenty of room for stuff, I plan on carrying my spot in the basement compartment so it's always with me. Other things will be calls, bino adapter, fire starter, small headlamp etc,. I can even pop in the garmin and a snack etc if needed. Perfect if dropping the pack. Here is a photo with the AGC packs on the left next to the fhf.

bf26548d1ad746e7594aad622a35d182.jpg

And a closeup

30b352c000d9e8ad4dad9f7a4bb95ca6.jpg

Plenty of room for 15s but the 10s don't bounce around.

dfbb860e41ccb42a50757959c2f869f1.jpg

Last edited:

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
Another vote for AGC here...ran the older version for about 5 years, and upgraded to the newer one last season. Jaret puts out a quality product that's comfortable and functional. Like having my license/tags, binos, range finder, extra rounds and havelon with extra blades all in one place.