Nightforce NXS vs Gunwerks NXS

n2horns

WKR
I am looking at a new scope, the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or 56 in either moar or moar t for hunting. Also, am curious if the few hundred dollars more for the Gunwerks NXS 5-22 with covered windage knob is worth the cost.

From what I can tell the scopes are the same except the covered and smaller windage dial.

So from those that have been using the Moar or Moar T in the field any preference and any major pros for going to the larger objective?

I use the Zeiss conquest 4.5-14X50 today and was primarily going to go for more magnification and better optic. I use the BR2 rangefinder as well. Rifle is a 7mm Rem Mag Savage LRH.

I am looking at a new scope, the Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x50 or 56 in either moar or moar t for hunting. Also, am curious if the few hundred dollars more for the Gunwerks NXS 5-22 with covered windage knob is worth the cost.

From what I can tell the scopes are the same except the covered and smaller windage dial.

So from those that have been using the Moar or Moar T in the field any preference and any major pros for going to the larger objective?

I use the Zeiss conquest 4.5-14X50 today and was primarily going to go for more magnification and better optic. I use the BR2 rangefinder as well. Rifle is a 7mm Rem Mag Savage LRH.

If there's no advantage with mounting height, I would go with the 56MM. MOAR or MOAR-T both work well at extended distances. The reticle line subtension on the "T" is 50% of the standard MOAR. Some folks like a super fine reticle, others don't. For reference, the standard MOAR is .140" thick, so it will cover 1.4" at 1000 yards.

The windage knob is not a problem with Nightforce scopes, so I would say no to the Gunwerks option.

Boman

Lil-Rokslider
I would go with the G7 only because it works well with the Br2 rangefinder. But either would be great.

I have several NF scopes (a couple NXS and one SHV) and none are the Gunwerks versions. I use the BR2 laser and the scopes work perfectly with it. You don't need a Gunwerks version NF scope to run the Gunwerks laser.
The MOAR reticle is good. I did not need or want the finer MOAR T for hunting.

OP
n2horns

n2horns

WKR
All thanks. Going to start looking f ok r a NXS 5.4-22x50 I'm a Moar reticle. Would like to find a good used one.

OP
n2horns

n2horns

WKR
I ended up with a almost new Gunwerks G7 NXS. Got a nice deal and bought it. Now have to wait ill about March when my stock is done