Review: Alaska Guide Creations Bino Harness

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
attachment.php

Luke Moffat, Rokslide prostaffer has thoroughly tested this harness in the Alaska wilds. You can check out his review at the link. You'll be surprised to find out what he's put the harness to use for on at least 12 kills!

Take it away, Luke

http://www.rokslide.com/2012-01-09-05-09-42/optics/364-alaska-guide-creations-bino-harness

Last edited:

luke moffat

Super Moderator
Robby you mean I have seen the bino pack used as a rest while shooting my 12-15 animals??? Not sure what you are trying to say there. 12-15 animals annually since 2009 and the AGC has been in on every one of thos hunts. ;)

OP
robby denning

robby denning

Administrator
Staff member
Annually? I thought when I was editing it it just said 12 animals- so more like 72 animals??!!?? . I'd never thought of using one for a rest.

colonel00

WKR
I love mine. It isn't small but I really like the idea, as mentioned, of having everything together and on me if needed. Whenever I would leave camp, I could grab this and not have to worry about whether I was forgetting something important.

Last year I carried my binos and bino adapter in the main pouch. Rangefinder in the small front pouch. On one side I had my headlamp and extra batteries. On the other I think I had a lighter and maybe handwarmers (can't remember). The elastic bands on top were perfect for holding a GPS or Delorme inReach. In the back I would carry my license, tag and extra ammo.

colonel00

WKR
How concerned are you with possibly having extra size? I have a regular size and carry 10x42's with plenty of room. I'm pretty sure 8x42's will fit in the compact version. However, I believe all the other pockets in the pouch will be smaller too.

Trial153

WKR
Both my 8x42 conquest and 10x42 El's fit into the compact without any issues

I'd rather have a little extra room for sure. The Sitka bino case I'm using now fits them really well but there isn't any extra space unless I cut the silly middle fabric thing out and I just don't want to do that. Is also like the extra pockets on the AGC. Just don't want it to be too big and sloppy.

Trial, are the pockets on the compact still be enough to hold usable items like GPS, wind checker, etc? Was a little afraid with the compact size the pockets would become too small.

Here's a description of their bino packs with measurements.

Made from quality, tough material, these binocular packs come in three major sizes with several configurations to suit anyone's needs when it comes to roof prism binoculars.

Compacts are meant to accommodate full size binoculars up to around 42mm objective lenses. For example, 8x42 and 10x42 binoculars would fit perfect in the compact harnesses. (Measurements are approximately 6.5 inch x 6 inch x 3 inch)

Regulars are meant to accommodate full size binoculars up to around 50mm objective lenses. For example, 10x50 and 12x50 binoculars would fit perfect in the regular harnesses.(Measurements are approximately 6.75 inch x 6.5 inch x 3.5 inch)

Larges are meant to accommodate full size binoculars up to around 56mm objective lenses. For example, 15x56 and 20x56 binoculars would fit perfect in the large harnesses.(Measurements are approximately 7.75 inch x 7 inch x 4 inch)

ACR, thanks for the info with measurements. Spoke with Jaret this afternoon and we decided the compacts would be perfect for my viper hd 8x42's. It should arrive by the end of the week. I'll post some pics after it arrives. Thanks again fellas

Trial153

WKR
Trial, are the pockets on the compact still be enough to hold usable items like GPS, wind checker, etc? Was a little afraid with the compact size the pockets would become too small.

The back pocket can fit my iPhone it maybe able to fit a smaller internal antenna GPS....the mesh side pockets can fit a wind check bottle and lens cloth.
I can fit a smallish GPS in the main compartment with my 8x42. My range finder is clipped on the side on a metal zinger.

i'll post more pictures with all the gear i carry.

i'll also take measurements of the gear pockets for each size.

Becca

Super Moderator
Staff member
How do these packs hold up in a downpour? DWR finish? Do your contents stay reasonably dry?
Thanks.

The newer Cordura (I think) packs resist water pretty well. The fabric will be damp after a sustained downpour but I haven't had issues with the interior getting very wet.

The older style brushed fabrics soaked up a lot more water and took a lot longer to dry. Contents still stayed reasonably dry.