Cabela's Instinct line

bwlacy

WKR
Has anyone seen the new line of clothing from Cabelas? I got a flyer in the mail and some of the pieces look ok. Would be nice to go see them and try them on.

SHTF

WKR
Classified Approved
Yeah its nice stuff for sure. I own the hat gloves and am looking at the pants also. Very nice stuff. They took a bit of everything out there and put it into their own line. Material, quality, seems, everything is very well done and thought out. Definitely no expert on hunting clothes But I have many Sitka, Kryptek, Firstlite, Kuiu in my closet. This stuff is as good as any of it. Its comparably priced also. Really like the camo pattern also.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
That's good to hear. I may just have to make a trip to the nearest Cabela's and see if they have it in stock. I hate to mail order if I don't have to. We do have 2 Cabelas in the state so maybe one of them will have it.

Mtnboy

WKR
That's good to hear. I may just have to make a trip to the nearest Cabela's and see if they have it in stock. I hate to mail order if I don't have to. We do have 2 Cabelas in the state so maybe one of them will have it.

They will have it, the display is a large part of the camo clothing section these days.

Hmm...I'll have to check it out too.

I agree, it looks like they combined a lot of good features without being too expensive.

Matt W.

Super Moderator
Staff member
I tested one piece, the hybrid puffy jacket. It was ok, but sort of odd item. I couldn't really find a use for it and returned it.
http://goo.gl/FE15Fw

The rest of the stuff looks like pretty decent gear for the $$. Touching / feeling it in the stores makes me question long term durability, but it all depends on how often someone uses the stuff and the terrain they play in. Without spending time it, but having tested quite a bit of gear, I think it is a good mid to entry level offering that gives budget minded hunters a good option and pushes the high end guys to do even better.

dble07

Lil-Rokslider
I bought a pair of the pants last year. The material seemed nice and they were pretty comfortable. I'm pretty disappointed with the durability though. They pilled up so bad in the seat and legs that I don't know if I can even get another season out of them.

OP
B

bwlacy

WKR
I bought a pair of the pants last year. The material seemed nice and they were pretty comfortable. I'm pretty disappointed with the durability though. They pilled up so bad in the seat and legs that I don't know if I can even get another season out of them.

Which pants were they? I was thinking about the glassing pants, but would like to try them and look them over.

Any of y'all seen or felt the "stalking pants"? Supposed to be tough and have "Kevlar reinforced knee panels". Just wondering if it's real Tuff or just advertising.