Expanding the battery w/6.5 Creedmoor

Just ordered a NULA 6.5 Creedmoor to be my "backpack the mountain chasing deer & sheep & goats gun"

Current Battery:
Remington 700 SS 280
Remington 700 CDL 30-06
Sauer 101 Scandic 308
Savage 16 W/W 25-06
Blaser R8 Pro 7mm/375H&H
Blaser R8 Pro 270
Sako TRG-42 338 Lapua

Gonna have to get rid of a few when the wife catches wind of the combined $$$ wrapped up there.

I imagine I am not the only one in that boat.

Nonetheless, a few months to go until completion and pictures and a range report will be posted.

OP
N
Model 20 with 22 inch No. 1 contour barrel.

Approximately 5 lbs.

I was first thinking about a 7mm-08 but I like the idea of the Creedmoor with less recoil and higher sectional density. Negligible velocity difference in a grain for grain comparison.

I am thinking 120 - 130 grain A-max, SST, GMX, or LRX/TTSX.

Reasonable hunting ranges not exceeding 500m.

hornmtn

FNG
What kind of scope are you going to use? What is the lead time for one of those? Ie always wanted one but have only held one before and never shot one. I loved the one I was looking at, it was 270, I would get the short action version as well.

mtnwrunner

Super Moderator
Staff member
Model 20 with 22 inch No. 1 contour barrel.

Approximately 5 lbs.

I was first thinking about a 7mm-08 but I like the idea of the Creedmoor with less recoil and higher sectional density. Negligible velocity difference in a grain for grain comparison.

I am thinking 120 - 130 grain A-max, SST, GMX, or LRX/TTSX.

Reasonable hunting ranges not exceeding 500m.

I cannot think of a better gun for what you need. And I am in love with that caliber---exceptionally accurate and very easy to shoot.
I load for my brothers and it loves the 140 sst.

congrats on getting her ordered.

Randy

OP
N
What kind of scope are you going to use? What is the lead time for one of those? Ie always wanted one but have only held one before and never shot one. I loved the one I was looking at, it was 270, I would get the short action version as well.
Going with the Swarovski Z3 3-9x36.

Lead time is a few months. Supposed to have it by Christmas.