Question about Kifaru belt pockets

rhendrix

WKR
Looking to pick up some belt pouches for my range finder, GPS, and InReach; was thinking about using two small pockets on the belt, will my GPS and InReach fit in one small belt pouch?

Also looking to pick up two large belt pouches to keep my puffy (FL Uncompaghre) and rain gear (FL Boundary Stormtight) in, will the puffy and rain gear fit into sepearte large pouches, or should I just get a longhunter or guide lid?

I think I have a small belt pouch and my camera and GPS wont fit in it. The sizes are listed in Kifarus web page.

Not sure about the FL items because I don't own any but get yourself a Guide Lid. Super versatile piece that you'll use way more than you expect.

Shrek

WKR
Imo you would be better served with the guide or long hunter lid. You might get a small or medium puffy into a large belt pouch but you would have to compress it tight and it would be a pita to put it in.

I have two small and two medium belt pouches and the small size will hold both (barely and it is a struggle) unless you have a bigger GPS, then no. That said, I keep my Explorer on my person (not my pack) so it is always with me. If I should become separated from my pack (held up at gunpoint, pack falls outta raft or something crazy like that) I can call for help. The medium will hold both and more. You can always add a GPS pouch to your shoulder strap.

gpsphone350e.jpg

Here is a photo of my garmin 62 plus my tg3 in a small belt pouch, here is a size XL FL puffy in a medium, it BARELY fits, it would fit no problem in a large.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438473234.061688.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438473245.987987.jpg

kodiakfly

WKR
Here is a photo of my garmin 62 plus my tg3 in a small belt pouch, here is a size XL FL puffy in a medium, it BARELY fits, it would fit no problem in a large.

View attachment 27494
View attachment 27495

Agree. The large is pretty big and you could get a puffy in there pretty easily. But if you actually carried it on your belt, it'd be all expanded and in the way. I have a medium on each side of my belt and they swallow GPS/rangefinder and even a Glock 29. I'm actually thinking about downsizing the mediums to smalls so I have less bulk on my belt itself.

Agree. The large is pretty big and you could get a puffy in there pretty easily. But if you actually carried it on your belt, it'd be all expanded and in the way. I have a medium on each side of my belt and they swallow GPS/rangefinder and even a Glock 29. I'm actually thinking about downsizing the mediums to smalls so I have less bulk on my belt itself.

I had a medium on my belt, but never had enough stuff to fill it up. It always flopped around like a bastard for me