Live hunt-2015 Nv archery pronghorn

velvetfvr

WKR
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438405494.176587.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438405508.676823.jpg

Here's the largest buck I've scouted in the area. Somewhere between 77-80". Exceptional prongs, great mass and about 15 tall. Got 2 other bucks closer to 75".

This is for my father. His first archery hunt. Burned 9 points on this unit. But as I got up there this evenin, some prick stole my blind and I know he did because the stakes are gone. Thank god I brought another one. So hopefully the lopers will come in even with a new blind. Probably gonna have to whack him before he drinks as I think they're gonna drink Facin the blind.

Also shooter #2 that's about 16" tall, hooks back over the top towards his nose, good mass and prongs was with his harem and about 30 other does in the draw right next to the spring. He also payed no attention to me, fully focused on his harem.

This hunt will also be videoed unless the camera dies. Have service at the blind so pics and commentary should be plenty.

Got this weekend and the next 2 to get it done.

Let's kill a big buck!

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Got a buck and 3 does about a mile out to the right of where the last pic is. They're skylined so just need em to get thirsty.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Antelope are kickin @$$ today. Not ones come to drink. Just had a truck and quad leave the canyon. Maybe they'll come drink now!

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Update. 2 bucks have only come in with multiple does behind us. One that just past his ears and another a touch over 60". He also was less then 20 yards from the blind so when I went to barely move a flap he saw me. He blew but still wasn't convinced to leave for danger. He just chased the little buck off now.

Have to reposition the camera as they're kinda seein it. Got that fixed. So next good buck that comes in my dad says he'll shoot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438469555.922758.jpg

This is the little buck. About 15 minutes of video so far.

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Havin 6 hours asleep and up 17 I crashed before last nights update. No more came in. In fact it looks like #2 and all the does I saw with him before the opener left the canyon at least for yesterday. All the antelope on top, which were 5 were the only 5 to come in. I don't know if they got pushed from me comin up 2 days ago or the other guys drivin up most of the way yesterday midday.

Leavin for the blind now

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Nice and breezy today. High somewhere around 90. Cloudy. Looks like possible T storms Also.....

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
Welp had to leave around 11 today. Someone's comin to look at a truck were sellin. The antelope have switched to a new spring as scouters for rifle have pushed them off the normal springs. So I'll relocate the blind and we'll be back hunt the 13th-16th.

topher89

WKR
What is your plan once you get an antelope on the ground? I got a little stressed last October when I shot an Antelope when it was 65 degrees! I couldn't imagine how I would do if it was 100!!

I would love to hear what your cooler set-up and system will be

OP
velvetfvr

velvetfvr

WKR
What is your plan once you get an antelope on the ground? I got a little stressed last October when I shot an Antelope when it was 65 degrees! I couldn't imagine how I would do if it was 100!!

I would love to hear what your cooler set-up and system will be

Whack him, as soon as he's dead get a few pics then straight to capin and quartering him. We're only 4 miles of drivin down the canyon to the truck. So once a he's all cut up, we put the meat in a large white ice chest lined with block ice on the bottom, then those are covered and then the meat is in game bags. Cape is also in a game bag in a cool ice chest. Works well for all the August lopes the family has killed.