Colorado Whitetail Mule Deer RUT?

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
My buddy and I drew an Eastern plains either sex deer tag for Colorado and we are trying to decide the best time to take off for a long hunt! I can't take off the opener OCT 1st because Ill be at a wedding in Chicago to keep the wife happy. So if I can't hunt opening week I would like to hunt the Rut. He has hunted out here longer and he is from PA and I am from MI I say the first week of November because thats what it was in Michigan for me he says End of November.... So I took off the 2nd week of november and I think he took off the 3rd week....

Last time I had an Eastern plains hunting tag I saw plenty of rut activity all through November but that was all Mulies. Where we are hunting it is mostly Whitetail but there is some Mulies.

Any help would be appreciated for guys who have hunted Eastern Colorado what is your "magic week"?

Thanks in advance,
Craig

KHNC

WKR
It is always good the week of thanksgiving. I do think the muleys tend to be a little more drawn out in their process. The 2nd and 3rd week should both be great tho.

OP
HunterHawk

HunterHawk

Lil-Rokslider
hope you're right because I have the 5th through the 15th off... Have to come back on the 12th to work a day then back out.. ran out of vacation :-/