WM Sequoia In Kifaru Med Stuff Sack (5 String)

Curious if this will damage the bag? Would only be in it the night before we pack in and of course any time we move camp of come home. Just a nice system but pretty tight on an expensive bag. thanks for any insight.

MattB

WKR
Curious if this will damage the bag? Would only be in it the night before we pack in and of course any time we move camp of come home. Just a nice system but pretty tight on an expensive bag. thanks for any insight.

I doubt it would damage the bag itself, but a waterproof compression stuff sack IMO is a better option for down bags.

Riplip

WKR
I have used the five string as well as a waterproof compression sack (which actually compresses the bag more than the Kifaru) on my WM bag with no problems. Such high quality bags that they regain their loft very quickly. Obviously you don't want to store the bag compressed at home or months at a time.

boom

WKR
I'll also look into the water proof stuff sacks. thank you!

we are talking about the WM stuff sack right? i think it is waterproof..the OEM one. it's fine to stuff it in tight for a few days. first thing i do is set my tent and pull out the bag to let it puff out..

we are talking about the WM stuff sack right? i think it is waterproof..the OEM one. it's fine to stuff it in tight for a few days. first thing i do is set my tent and pull out the bag to let it puff out..

Wm sack is not waterproof, it's got seems and a draw cord at the top

boom

WKR
Unless you plan on using your pack as a flotation device, or as one guy on here strap it to the front of a zodiac and use it as a wave break for 3 hours then the oem stuff sack is fine, in my experience at least.

This was what I was trying to say. Haha.

I blame beer. :)

I have the same WM bag and I use a Sea-to-Summit compression stuff bag for mine. I don't recall the exact size but can locate it if you need. It turned out to be the perfect size and is 100% waterproof. I value that Sequoia like no other bag I've owned and it deserves the best treatment and protection in my mind.