300 rum recommendations?

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
I'm new to the 300 rum world and building on a Remington 700 factory rifle. Just bedding the stock right now. I'm about to start reloading for the first time and would like some suggestions for your favorite 300 rum load. I haven't bought any brass, bullets or other components yet. Going to use rifle in upcoming elk hunt in Colorado. I know that brass is hard to come by today, but I have my hopes in getting a few. Thanks in advance from Nashville...

I have a few loads that work really well with Berger 215g Hybrid using either H1000 or Retumbo. The Retumbo powder is a little faster than H1000 however both are plenty fast when at max charge weights. I don't have my load data with me however it is around 94g I believe with the H1000 in my rifle. Approach max charge weights with caution.
H1000 and Retumbo are difficult to locate powders however it is getting better than what it used to be as far as getting your hands on some. Remington brass is about impossible to find unless you pay a premium for someone else's used once fired brass. Or you can buy some Norma brass. Bob Beck has some over at ExtremeOuterLimits. I think it is www.ExtremeStore.us You may have to call and ask for it if you can't see it on his website.
Good Luck.

OP
TNHunter

TNHunter

Lil-Rokslider
Justonemoreshot, thanks for the info. I'll give it a try and see how it works. Have a great day...

I have not measured it but I am told that the bearing surface of the 215g Berger Hybrid is less (or shorter in length) than the 210g Berger. This will help the bullet to have less drag pushing thru the barrel and getting spun up. Powder charge weights will be different and not necessarily what one would expect just comparing bullets with different designs and shapes. Short and to the point: just work up loads carefully.