3000 ci pack?

I'm looking for a bag some where in the 3000 ci range. I like pockets but don't need a ton. I would also like a meat shelf built in. I like the exo but the weight is a bit much to think about. It will be used as a day pack with maybe a few spike nights. I'm open to all but i would say that 3500 is the top limit and 2500 the low ci limit. Thanks guys!

sojourner

Lil-Rokslider
I think the Icon Pro 3200 is a sweet bag. I can understand if you don't want to use the Kuiu frame but if you get the bag by itself you can put it on whatever frame you want (i.e. kifaru, stone glacier, exo)

Justin Crossley

Administrator
Staff member
I'm looking for a bag some where in the 3000 ci range. I like pockets but don't need a ton. I would also like a meat shelf built in. I like the exo but the weight is a bit much to think about. It will be used as a day pack with maybe a few spike nights. I'm open to all but i would say that 3500 is the top limit and 2500 the low ci limit. Thanks guys!

The Kifaru Mountain Rambler is exactly what you're asking about. 2800 C.I. plus the side pockets, and it has a load shelf. I've been using it all year so far, and really like it. You can also make it bigger by adding a lid and pockets if you need. Great pack system.

https://store.kifaru.net/mountain-rambler-2800ci45liters-bag-only-p181.aspx

Flyrod

Lil-Rokslider
If you think the exo weight is a bit much at just under 5lbs…. then I'm not sure what you'll find with a load shelf and the ability to carry heavy loads….

blutooth

Lil-Rokslider
SG approach or solo. I have the approach. Both weigh in the 3.6 lb range, but you give up pockets to get that light...

tttoadman

WKR
SG Solo with the lid. You are kicking 1/2lb down the road for no reason. Pick the bag you like and go for it. The Kifaru is a little heavier, but if you get the ultralight duplex, you are getting close to the same I think.

jlh42581

WKR
3000 is a good size for a day pack in my mind, thats assuming you want to carry things like a stove. Its not quite enough for an extended trip, you can make it work but it will be bursting at the seems.

Ross

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure if kifaru still makes the t3. It is in this range and I have been running it for 3 yrs. serves well as a daypack and large enough for 1-3 nights of gear.

gil_wy

Lil-Rokslider
If you utilize the load shelf, even an 1800 cu/in pack can do 10+ days. I run the Stone Glacier Krux frame and HPG Highlander bag... If I was buying new, I'd be getting the SG Serac

zman

Lil-Rokslider

Go with Exo. Light and Solid. Small enough for a daypack but I've had it with 115# in it and it handled real nice on some nasty terrain.

dotman

WKR
This will be the 3rd season running my Exo 3500. Handles heavier loads with no issues. Here is my MT buck from last year all loaded up.
View attachment 28396

But the EXO has only be out two years, this being year two. Did you do product testing, as I see it, at most you can only have 1 season of use on an EXO based on its initial release last year before season started.

badlands

FNG
My bad dotman.
I received the pack shortly before my 2014 spring bear hunt. No product testing, just a review of a great pack. Never tried a Kifaru, but sure would like to someday.