2015 Moose hunts

Will_m

WKR
Who has a moose hunt this year? Let's see some pictures, prep lists, plans, and anything else involved. I have one in Alaska in September of 2016 and can hardly wait.

BCBowtech

Lil-Rokslider
October of this year in Northern British Columbia... Cant wait.. 2nd ever moose trip and hopefully will get my first moose this year! Pics will be posted!

I almost shot one this evening but it gave me the slip. Amazing how a 1000 lb animal can just disappear. Maybe in the morning I'll get another chance.

I head to B.C. In 17 days.. I cant freaking wait.. Ive got a gear list written up at home ill try to post it later

Wear to Airport:
Eddie Bauer Guide pant
red desert boxers
Cotton socks
MT Ops Tshirt
Hunting Boots
sunglasses
tbh Hat

Kifaru Duplex Frame (Carry on):
Passport
Cash 1600.00$
Wallet/Credit Cards/ID
Bow sight Back up
Binoculars(in kuiu harness with cleaning cloth)
Rangefinder
Yukon Jacket
Tripod
Camera, charger, extra batteries battery booster
phone charger
Go pro with batteries and mounts
Nalgene bottle
Picture of babies
hotel/guide contact info
plane tickets
headphones
phone
In Reach

Bow Case:
Main hunting bow
Quiver
Stabalizers
6 arrows with broad heads in tube
6 arrows with field tips
Release
Puffy Jacket in compression sack
Yukon Pants
First Lite Q zip Shirt
First Lite Pants
1 pair Red Desert Boxer
Two Pair Socks
allen Wrenches
fly rod/reel
Fly box
fly lanyard
bow sling
head lamp
Wax

Kill Kit Pull out:
Allen Wrenches
havalon
Letherman
Paracord
zipties
trophy tags
Small Shammy Towel
First aid kit
zip ties
Leauko Tape
chapstick
extra broad heads in solid box
shammy towel

Pull Out:
First Lite gloves
work gloves
Kuiu Gloves
Neck Gaiter
head lamp
beanie
wind checker
Extra release

Kifaru toiletries kit:
scent free Deoterant
Tooth Brush/paste
scent free soap
Extra release

Kifaru Duffle Bag:
Light weight sneakers
1 Pair marino Boxer
3 pair marino socks
kryptek Merino top
kryptek merino bottoms
Kryptek Vest
kryptek pants
athletic shorts
1 T shirt
Shammy Towel
6 arrows in tube with broad heads
Back up bow
Sleeping bag
Sleeping pad
pillow

Ray

WKR
I almost shot one this evening but it gave me the slip. Amazing how a 1000 lb animal can just disappear. Maybe in the morning I'll get another chance.

Isn't that the coolest thing, though? I have watched cow moose walk through leafless willows that are not more than shoulder high on them and unless they twitch an ear you can't see them. Other times they are just huge blackish brown lumps that stand out for miles. Until they lay down, and then they're gone.

I agree, now! When it walked across the trail 150 yards from me, into an opening... I thought it was the perfect set up... Nocked an arrow and snuck up to where it walked and was plenty quiet about it, wind was perfect, etc... Gone!

Had a great opportunity yesterday morning as well, but after seeing it had wandered into a back yard of a home that I had no clue was there I decided to back out.

At it again this eve I suppose.

Jtelarkin08... Where in BC are you headed and where are you from?

I am from Texas. I will be hunting with mike and dixie of Sikanni River outfitters.. I am hunting moose and bison with them. Moose is my main target tho.

philos

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw this guy in Wyoming-I won't be hunting him this fall but I hope to get a tag in next couple / few years.

Attachments

• IMG_1949.jpg
    IMG_1949.jpg
    91.2 KB · Views: 165

GILAMAN

FNG
I will be heading to the Yukon in 10 days. Beyond excited!! Moose and Grizzly hunt. Truly the hunt of a lifetime.

Obi-wanshinobi

Lil-Rokslider
We hunt in Northern Ontario for moose. Ontario allows party hunting so our group drew 1 bull tag and 2 cow tags. Won't be leaving til Oct 9th as we only hunt moose with rifle.

Who has a moose hunt this year? Let's see some pictures, prep lists, plans, and anything else involved. I have one in Alaska in September of 2016 and can hardly wait.

What part of the state are you hunting? I am hunting Alaska in 2016. I am hunting southwest Alaska

OP
W

Will_m

WKR
What part of the state are you hunting? I am hunting Alaska in 2016. I am hunting southwest Alaska

I'll also be going out of SW Alaska, or at least at this point it looks that way. I want to say 19, but would have to double check to be sure.

bmrfish

WKR
9bcf4b5c469e1b592be9505908abb3ae.jpg
Rolled into Fairbanks just now 2400 miles up the Alcan from Oregon. Flying into Yukon country Thursday. Float trip. Will report.